• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Found this quote on a Facebook page and thought it was very relevant for the times we live in...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
    --Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One of the main reason that I am thinking about retiring is the way we are getting taxed to death. With my daughter now on her own, I am no longer "head of household" on my taxes. It was bad enough when my wife passed away and in two years the government declared me single with a dependent, but now that my filing status becomes "single" my taxes skyrocket. They are taking enough from me now to feed half of Africa according to those save the world TV ads!

By retiring I join that elite group that pays no federal tax.

Makes me sick!

Top Bottom