• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It has been there for a long time in a glass box on the side of the road. A Colt "potato digger" machine gun. It has deteriorated over the years, but it is in public view on the side of the road.

Anybody else know where it is in Indiana?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Neat, I'd like to see that. My courthouse has some sort of WWI-era artillery piece in front of it. They gave it a nice new painting and repaired the wheels here two or three years ago I think.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Neat, I'd like to see that. My courthouse has some sort of WWI-era artillery piece in front of it. They gave it a nice new painting and repaired the wheels here two or three years ago I think.

It isn't in front of a courthouse or any public building. It is on a street corner on a state highway and a county road intersection.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yeah. South Milford. I didn't know it was a prop. I've been told that it's been there since 1923. If it is a prop, I apologise for misleading anybody.

Here is a pic...

20755wg.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Looks like a pretty decent mockup to me. Is there any reason it's there, or just because? Wonder if they have any problems with vandals.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The only reason I knew what you were talking about is we have a camper at Gordon's Campground and have driven by it quite a few times in the spring, summer and fall for the past 8 years. Never have stopped always look at it when driving by though, never have heard the story on it. :biggun:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Very cool, it would have fooled me too.

It would make an interesting thread to show photos of all of the oddball military stuff you see here and there.

I was very surprised to discover that there is a 30 lb Parrott Rifle from the Civil War in a cemetery next to the Noblesville High School.

View attachment 30410

Top Bottom