• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    I have an EAA/Tanfoglio Witness Classic 9mm I bought about a month ago. It's a very nice shooting gun. The Classic is full sized but based on the small frame which is nice. The current Witnesses are based on the larger frame. My Classic is very accurate, has a nice trigger, and is a soft shooter due to the weight of the steel frame. No complaints about it at all. Best of all it only cost me $350.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Probably one of the best if not the best firearms out there for the price.

I've got the 9mm full sized, too. Shoots every bit as well as my CZ75 and really just an interpretation of the CZ. It's hard to justify having both, but I wont sell it.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I bought my full-sized, "Wonderfinish" Witness 9x19 very nearly 20 yrs ago. "Real" CZ-75's were rarely seen and quite expensive then, as this was prior to the lifting of Cold War import restrictions.

I happened to spot a LNIB Witness with two factory magazines browsing at Bradi's one day priced at just $225 and my curiousity about the platform got the best of me. Turned out to have been quite a rare bargain, IMHO.

In now nearly 9K rds of assorted ammo with projectiles ranging from 90 to 147 grs the only malfunctions have been with some cheap gun show cast bullet reloads. It shoots dead-on to the factory sights with 115 gr. standard pressure loads at 25 M and will still group the stuff it likes best a good deal better than I can generally hold for on any given day.

Nothing has ever broken and its action has only become slicker-working with use. Whatever that "Wonderfinish" actually is, it works extremely well at resisting corrosion and wear. The only place on the frame where any wear signs are visible is the frame rails, and that's confined to minor "polishing" at a couple of points. I'm working on the third set of springs, but that is due to personal policy rather than necessity. The bore still looks excellent and the exterior of the barrel shows only light-to-moderate polishing on the hood and near the muzzle where it interfaces with the slide.

The most frequent complaints that I see in the various forums seem to concern the quality of EAA's CS or, rather, the lack of it. On that I really can't comment from personal experience as I've never had a reason to contact them.

Others' mileage and experiences may well vary, but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit ill-armed if mine was my only SD/HD handgun.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Great write up on the EAA.

I have a 45 acp that I purchased before CZ was producing the 97. I wanted that style of handgun but in the big round. I'm due for a new barrel I've shot that pistol so much.

While I generally like the CZ pistols better I wouldn't ever want to get rid of my EAA.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I own 3 Witness pistols. Two are special run compensated guns, one in .45 and the other in .38 Super, and the third is a 10MM. All are in the Wonder Finish and they ALL shoot well. While the Witness full size is a big and heavy pistol it is a very rugged, reliable and accurate weapon. I also have Colts, Glocks and S&Ws in 10MM and they all are fun to shoot. The 10MM is an excellent and often over looked round. :twocents: :yesway:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I own 3 Witness pistols. Two are special run compensated guns, one in .45 and the other in .38 Super, and the third is a 10MM. All are in the Wonder Finish and they ALL shoot well. While the Witness full size is a big and heavy pistol it is a very rugged, reliable and accurate weapon. I also have Colts, Glocks and S&Ws in 10MM and they all are fun to shoot. The 10MM is an excellent and often over looked round. :twocents: :yesway:

I have the 10mm Witness in polymer. I wasn't that thrilled with it compared to my other 10mms, but I keep it because it IS a 10mm :rockwoot:

Top Bottom