• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    i live right on thompson and arlington and that is not a bad place just someone got greedy and its going to come back on them. I Called and went up to a few gun shops and told them about it and they said they would keep a look out.

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    [QUOTE - I had my house burglarized when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

You had your house burglarized when you were a kid? Why would you do an awful thing like that? (Sorry, but I couldn't resist).

I agree, it's horrible when someone steals anything from you. Hidden cameras with hidden recording devices are an excellent idea, as well as a safe bolted to the floor.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    That is why I have a big hard to break into safe.

With nothing in it.

The guns are hidden elsewhere, locked up.

I work in the security industry. You will never stop anyone from perpetrating a crime, you can only delay them (unless they decide the crime is not worth their effort and most of these idiots are lazy).

I also think it would be a good idea to have a safe planted (empty) and keeping weapons in other areas :+1: Alarm systems such as ADT or a good Dog is not a bad idea as well.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I tell you it's things like this that make me wish I could move away from people all together.

I do hope that you are able to recover what was taken. Keep us posted.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Sorry for you loss and invasion. No one but my family and very close friends know what i have. I tell no one I carry and don't want them to know i do in the hopes that no one would come looking for a gun if they needed to take one. I hope things work out with getting them back.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I work in Beech Grove; lived on the South Side most of my life. I do agree that it's just not the same anymore, economy is suffering thus more thefts will occur.

Sucks your weapons are gone but count your blessings, you or loved ones were not injured in the event. Best of luck man!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    For like $30/month ADT - also a government contractor - can secure your home and save up to 20% on home insurance. I think it may be worth it if you don't already have a security system/dog. I am going with ADT when I get my house one day lol.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Sorry you went through this. Be thankful ou and your family were not home when this happened. And...Why on earth would they take shoes? I mean...guns and shoes? That's just odd. Anyways, good luck and I hope they catch the effer!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    For like $30/month ADT - also a government contractor - can secure your home and save up to 20% on home insurance. I think it may be worth it if you don't already have a security system/dog. I am going with ADT when I get my house one day lol.

If you go with any alarm company, pay the difference to get both a hard wired and cellular back-up system. Also invest in a way to power the system if your electricity goes out. Most systems have a control box placed somewhere (usually in a closet) with a large AC power plug plugged into the wall. The systems usually have a battery back-up, but if the power goes out they can only function for so long. Just FYI.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    If you go with any alarm company, pay the difference to get both a hard wired and cellular back-up system. Also invest in a way to power the system if your electricity goes out. Most systems have a control box placed somewhere (usually in a closet) with a large AC power plug plugged into the wall. The systems usually have a battery back-up, but if the power goes out they can only function for so long. Just FYI.

We own an alarm company and monitoring facility here in indy i would definately suggest a backup transmitter either cellular or radio because most crooks will cut your phone lines leaving you only with a siren to hopefully scare someone off and the backup battery in the control panel should hold most systems up for 10-12 hours.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    We own an alarm company and monitoring facility here in indy i would definitely suggest a backup transmitter either cellular or radio because most crooks will cut your phone lines leaving you only with a siren to hopefully scare someone off and the backup battery in the control panel should hold most systems up for 10-12 hours.

I thought they were all radio now because of that reason :dunno: At least the ADT system I was talking about is radio based.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    I thought they were all radio now because of that reason :dunno: At least the ADT system I was talking about is radio based.

No the backup systems that adt and other national companies use are all cellular or really they operate on the gsm networks the only real radio system around is one that we own and operate its a pretty slick system that was originally developed for military use.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    No the backup systems that adt and other national companies use are all cellular or really they operate on the gsm networks the only real radio system around is one that we own and operate its a pretty slick system that was originally developed for military use.

;) That's what I was talking about.... Cellular is still a radio frequency though haha - on the microwave band of course :)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    That sucks big time man.

I hope you had all of the serial #'s written down in a separate location. You wont get them back without them.

If you report them stolen, pray to God they wont be used in a crime. If the police suspect any of your guns were used in a crime, they will hold it indefinitely as "evidence". If that crime happens to be robbing a liquor store or something, they will never find the guys (because they wont look) and thus your gun will never be released because the case will still be "open". I know it sounds lame, but It happened to a guy I know.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    That does it! I am building that hidden gun room at the house that I have been tossing around. The worse things get, the more of this kind of crap will happen.

BRICH60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    AIN`T NOTHING WORSE THAN A THIEF. IF A FEW OF THEM GOT SHOT EVERY NOW AND THEN, BET THEY WOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT DOING IT.

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Sorry for your bad luck, hope you have all the serial numbers written down somewhere safe, and maybe a few identifying photos.

Top Bottom