Zionsville
    4275empty_room.jpg

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I already have people on facebook complaining.. they are missing their welfare check since its the first of the month and they think USPS went down as well. Ugh...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Funny you mention this, well, actually not funny: My mother works for the USDA and is "furloughed". No pay, no job, period, until this is cleared up. She's a bit nervous and trying to look for other work in the mean time (actually signed up for temp work and already has a data entry job lined up). She's one of the smart ones by trying to work, rather than unemployment.

If it was one of the JBT out of a job, I'd laugh with you. But since it's my mom, I'm not laughing, I'm writing a check for overnight delivery to help tide her over...

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    things like this is why dave ramsey say you need 3-6 months of expenses set aside as an emergency

Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    As one who worked for the Department of Defense for 30 years I can say you are very, very wrong.

My understanding was last time this happened (17 years ago) all Gov. Employees received full back pay for their timed furloughed when a new funding bill was passed. Why was the Dept of Defense not included in that?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Millions of good, hard working Americans have been looking for work, going on years now,
    business have closed,
    people have lost their income, homes, cars and dignity.

The Govt. stonewalls and thats what makes the news.
    I could puke.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    My understanding was last time this happened (17 years ago) all Gov. Employees received full back pay for their timed furloughed when a new funding bill was passed. Why was the Dept of Defense not included in that?
    I was in the Navy when that happened in 95-96 and I got paid. :dunno:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got my Furlough notice yesterday morning. Had to close out time-cards, pack up personal belongings and vacate the site. We have already experienced several days of "Planned" unpaid Furlough days. I am guessing that the rules will be different this time. With the fiscal constraints going on right now, I do not expect any back pay for this furlough. I am lucky that I planned ahead and have been saving up. If it lasts longer than a month, I will have to find a second job. In the mean time, I will be punching out my Wife's honey-do list.
    Some of the people that I work with, are worried that if this lasts longer than two-three weeks, they are going to be run out of money.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I went through every one of Reagan and Clintons' shutdowns in the Army. Never missed an assigned day at work, a payday, nor did I miss any services there may have been people furloughed, but not enough to curtail normality. In fact, they were so uneventful that I have to look up dates just to see when they occurred.

This time is going to be a different. The DoD, being headed by the hand picked puppet, Chuck Hagel, is going to furlough everyone humanly possible in order to make the public 'Feel The Bite' in hopes that it will hurt the Republicans. I personally will get nibbled on as I work for a Contractor that supplies the Stateside Commissaries, all of which are closed until this is resolved.

I'm not *****ing though, I have money saved and vacation time to use. Looks like I might actually get to partake in Archery Season this year! :rockwoot:

This whole thing is a farce. Mind games being played on the mindless. Look at who ISN'T going to suffer much----the entitlement class (No I'm not talking about Retirees or the Disabled) The Givernment, largely controlled by appointed (non elected) progressives, is going to make sure they keep their base happy. Their goal is to beat down the working folks, demoralize them and bring them into the hand out lines.

Dont confuse this with what the Congress is saying/doing. They don't know squat nor do they have much control over anything.
    Personally, I'm glad it's shut down and I hope it's lasts a good long time. It's time this Nation learns to adapt again and begins to rely in themselves instead. Yeah, it may get bad, but I doubt it last for long. Even the lazy will realize they have to get off the couch if no one is there to bring them their Kool-Aid.

We may just find that We don't NEED nearly as much as We think.

Top Bottom