A single tip is enough to get you put on a Terrorism Watch List; 440,000 on the list

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Officials say they have made it easier to add names to their terrorist watch list and "improved" the government's ability to thwart an attack in the United States. One single tip can get you placed on the terrorist's database. They admit that at least 440,000 American citizens are suspected terrorists at present.

Terrorist watch list: One tip now enough to put name in database, officials say

440,000 Americans??? Where is this going?? :n00b:

Phone in tips on all elected and appointed officials and their representatives. /police

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    ...you get it yet or are you not capable of critical thinking?
    Oh I get it. We are all one step away from being labeled as terrorists. Hell as you put it, many of us probably are now. And yes, the term nutbag probably shouldn't have been used, but I stand by my original point. In a country with 300 million plus people, there have to be 50,000 willing to inspire mass terror to achieve their goal.
    My apologies for the personal attack. It was not very cool of me. I just get VERY frustrated when I see someone seemingly willing to give up freedom in the name of security, because those folks deserve neither. Someone famous said that once I think and I believe it to the CORE.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    My apologies for the personal attack. It was not very cool of me. I just get VERY frustrated when I see someone seemingly willing to give up freedom in the name of security, because those folks deserve neither. Someone famous said that once I think and I believe it to the CORE.

No apologies needed. I wouldn't be on internet forums if I didnt have thick skin :D

Id like to say I try and fight that idea of giving up freedom, but well.. that would be a lie. Besides voting for different candidates I just can't see what else can be done (without referencing the thing that gets threads locked of course). Those in power... well, they hold all the power, and they arn't going to give it up. While not agreeing with it, America will not go back to what it once was... IMHO

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Id like to say I try and fight that idea of giving up freedom, but well.. that would be a lie. Besides voting for different candidates I just can't see what else can be done (without referencing the thing that gets threads locked of course)
    There are other things we can do. I for one try to make it a point of being ON those lists. The more of us on the lists that DON'T act the way we are stereotyped, the better our chances of others seeing the lists as false or pointless. When those lists grow to unmanageable numbers, what can "they" do? Make new lists? Perhaps I'm wrong but it is at least something. I'm guessing that if we can get more than 50% of the population on the "lists" then we win.

Top Bottom