• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    "The clerk fired one shot while on the ground and another from a kneeling position as the four fled in a car parked outside the liquor store."

Umm, isn't that a no-no?

Radioflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Lafayette
    This town (Lafayette) has gotten scary in the last few years. We're now either North Indy or South Chicago...take your pick. Another reason I ccw every day here now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We should all gear-up and just wait near the Marathon station at 9th and Ferry for something interesting to happen.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Invoking Kirk's Nth Law of the Internet, (for some value of "N" that I forget), in Texas stopping the imminent commission of robbery is one justification for the use of deadly force, and after you drill down through the legal definitions, commission of robbery seems to include immediate flight afterwards. I would not count on a prosecutor including fleeing in a car as part of immediate flight, but if Indiana has similar elements to robbery and self-defense/defense of another, and a sympathetic prosecutor, the clerk may come out OK.

Of course the linked article doesn't actually mention "robbery", just "battery" and theft, but those would seem to be elements of robbery as well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by rhino
    We should all gear-up and just wait near the Marathon station at 9th and Ferry for something interesting to happen.

OR, better idea, we all go to Kirk Freeman's house, which is only 27 blocks away from there, and clean guns. After gun cleaning, reloading and general house cleaning, we hang out in the dining room and play Fortress America and drink craft beer while rhino cooks for us.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    OR, better idea, we all go to Kirk Freeman's house, which is only 27 blocks away from there, and clean guns. After gun cleaning, reloading and general house cleaning, we hang out in the dining room and play Fortress America and drink craft beer while rhino cooks for us.

I am all for this idea provided I get dibs on the hall closet.

Top Bottom