• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    You weren't the only one at Knox when you were 17...
    Ya, but I’ll bet you I was the only one stupid enough to get article 15’nd for blousing my dress uniform at the Patton Club after graduating basic. Cost me 2 weeks pay. Boy was I cool, :wallbash:

First art. 15 in Basic. I had quite the collection.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    My stepson barely has any time for me because he went Left. He was a Bernie Bro during 2020. Was one of the first in line for his age group for the clot shot. We were getting together every other weekend until COVID hit and when I wouldn't mask or get the shot he didn't want anything more to do with me. I keep hoping now that he's been working a few years in his career field that he'll eventually come around. I pray for it all the time.
    Keep praying, the Holy Spirit can deal with his heart 24/7.
    At Some point he'll look back at his days in "the cult", and wonder how in the world he fell for it all.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Taxes are 'hidden' because they are taken out of the paycheck, before you get it.
    It shouldn't happen that way.
    Should be required to pay a bill each month, just like other bills.
    Then, people might see what they are paying.
    And ONLY ONE METHOD OF TAXATION. No hiding what you are paying government with death by a thousand cuts. Government is a shared responsibility, everyone pays the same percentage. Otherwise it just becomes class warfare.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Did you have to get emancipated? That’s what I had to do at 17?
    My parents both signed for me to enlist so in went to boot between junoir and senior years. Also i was in trouble so a judge granted it along with dropping charges once i signed. I was able to move out senior year and split a place with a buddy since i made the money in boot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And ONLY ONE METHOD OF TAXATION. No hiding what you are paying government with death by a thousand cuts. Government is a shared responsibility, everyone pays the same percentage. Otherwise it just becomes class warfare.

Well, I'd say
    Federal
    State
    Local

One tax each.
    And you pay each one... directly.. once a month.. like a regular bill.
    Let people get that money in their checkbook, and let them see it go away.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Ya, but I’ll bet you I was the only one stupid enough to get article 15’nd for blousing my dress uniform at the Patton Club after graduating basic. Cost me 2 weeks pay. Boy was I cool, :wallbash:

First art. 15 in Basic. I had quite the collection.
    Yeah.. you're probably right.

However... I wonder how many Drill Sgts went to Basic, AIT, and the Drill Sgt Academy all at Ft Knox?
    On 1 July of '81 I started Basic there. In May of '09 I got my hat & badge there. First thing I did was head over to Disney Barracks to see my old stomping grounds. I got to the bldg where I lived back when I was a boot in B 4/1, and there was a Pvt on detail out front mowing. I grabbed him up, and had him take a photo of me in front of the bldg number sign.

"What Pvt?" I asked, noting the look on his face. He asked what was so special about that particular barracks.
    So... I told him. I said I was just going down memory lane.
    I had went to basic there 9 years ago, and I just graduated from the Drill Sgt School 1/2 hr ago.

"Congratulations Drill Sgt." he said, and I thanked him.
    Then he made the mistake of asking "Have you dropped anyone yet Drill Sgt?"

That did it, and I cracked a smile.
    His face was overcome by a look of horror as he realized his mistake.
    I snatched my camera back out of his hands, and replied "As a matter of fact, no... I haven't. Drop and give me 20!"
    He stood dumbfounded for a second too long.
    Snapping the fingers on my left hand, and pointing to the freshly mowed grass, I said "Knock 'em out!"
    "Yes Drill SGT!" I'll be damned if he didn't give me 20 of the most perfect pushups I'd ever seen.
    "Permission to recover Drill Sgt!"
    "RE-cover! Now get back to your detail before I start having too much fun."
    "Yes Drill Sgt!"

I bet to this day that dude still remembers that he got a freshly minted Drill Sgt's cherry.

Drill SGT.JPG

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Haha i turned 18 in boot as well. I was at benning, trying to push the earth out of orbit!
    My son would write this weeks life lessons he learns at Basic that week on the back of his weekly letter to me.

#1, Pops, I'm the only one in my platoon that knows how to use a washer and dryer. When I told that to my Father, a MCPO Navy frogman he said. Take that as a win son, and I did.

#2,
    Pop's, Ive been spit on so much, it just feels like rain.

That boy got his :poop: pushed in for 12 of his 13 weeks at MCRD Parris.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The indoctrination isn't just for the students.
    The whole "education system" is nothing more than pure left-wing indoctrination. All the professors are raging leftists, and they infect the "soon-to-be" teachers, who then spend their entire career in an echo chamber and push their garbage as "truth" to the students.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Y'all do realize that there are a lot of right leaning, intelligent teachers right? Ones that leave high paying large schools because they refuse to apologize for being white? Ones that just want to help kids become better people, and teach them the things they need to be a productive citizen because the vast majority of parents can't be bothered? Or are we just going with the typical ATAB ******* again?

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Y'all do realize that there are a lot of right leaning, intelligent teachers right? Ones that leave high paying large schools because they refuse to apologize for being white? Ones that just want to help kids become better people, and teach them the things they need to be a productive citizen because the vast majority of parents can't be bothered? Or are we just going with the typical ATAB ******* again?
    The problem is that the accreditation process to become a teacher is designed to weed out conservatives. This is also true in most of the social sciences. Eventually it will be true in most professions - lawyers, medical professionals, even engineers. Just look at what is happening in the military.

Political reliability will be the foremost requirement for membership. Very sad.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The problem is that the accreditation process to become a teacher is designed to weed out conservatives. This is also true in most of the social sciences. Eventually it will be true in most professions - lawyers, medical professionals, even engineers. Just look at what is happening in the military.

Political reliability will be the foremost requirement for membership. Very sad.
    No, it's not. Thanks to Indiana's R2W laws they are no longer even required to be part of the NEA unions. Different colleges have different backgrounds and different approaches. But this is INGO, we paint everything with broad enough brushes there is literally no room for any nuance or differences. So I'll put you down for ATAB.

Top Bottom