• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    vindicated by the opinion of the guy in OPs video, every S&W collector (of the utilitarian Fudd type) have told me to find and carry either the 3” k frame or the .32 j frame. but those .32’s are rare, and you could eat chowder for a lifetime with how many clams they command.
    Mine was only $350, but it's a Model 31, not a 432, and it was pretty ugly when I got it. It's also chambered in .32 S&W Long, not either of the magnum offerings. I'm a "shooter with a collection" not a "collector who shoots," so it makes me happy.

52124421997_34a608c9b1_o.jpg

And while I like the K-Frame too, I prefer the J-Frame for both carry and shootability. I know it's kinda counter-intuitive, but there's something about the balance and the way they fit my hand...it just works.

I don't carry this one, but I could see actually throwing that new 432 in a pocket.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    beautiful gun, it would make me happy too.

the high priced ones I was referencing are model 432/632 “centennial” in .32 H&R (and a couple others i think? So many lol) - i rarely see those even online and when I do they’re $$$$. seems to be like a good truck, folks just hang onto them.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Thanks for sharing. Exciting to see S&W bring out some new J's! Kind of reminds me of the Night Guard series with those sights and barrel profile. I was hoping that S&W would bring back something similar one day. No lock! I might just buy the first 32 H&R mag version I find. I already have the Starline brass and 85 grain XTP's ready to go.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Thanks for sharing. Exciting to see S&W bring out some new J's! Kind of reminds me of the Night Guard series with those sights and barrel profile. I was hoping that S&W would bring back something similar one day. No lock! I might just buy the first 32 H&R mag version I find. I already have the Starline brass and 85 grain XTP's ready to go.

100% agree on the Night Guard the idea of a "modern defensive revolver" was interesting. But I have a feeling their high prices kept most away. I love a new 357 mag night guard with an 7 shot cylinder and cut for Red Dot.

Second point, Lipseys is killing it with the special editions. This is a very cool well thought out revolver; them regulating the sights to modern ammo was a very nice touch as well.

I personally have my eye on their H&K and Langdon Tactical collaboration USP. I am getting the USP Compact and a Staccato CS this year for sure.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Interesting, but seems like a .327 magnum would be able to shoot .32 H&R, and all the others, but just chambering it in .32 H&R, you get the old S&W rounds, but not .327 mag.....am I wrong?
    Also. to me it seems they are responding to Taurus, and all they're doing with revolvers..
    They wanted 6 shots in the 32 and the pressures of the 327 Federal were too high. The H&R runs 21k and the Federal is at 45k.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Agree with others that the 38 spec, J frames or even a Taurus or Charter Arms is half the price. Small guns like those are perfect 38 caliber/specials plenty. $1100 for an alloy is too much $, Even S&W K/L frames are tipping $900+
    No wonder Shields+ 9mm, are selling like hotcakes. $400 you got a 13 shot EDC firearm.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Agree with others that the 38 spec, J frames or even a Taurus or Charter Arms is half the price. Small guns like those are perfect 38 caliber/specials plenty. $1100 for an alloy is too much $, Even S&W K/L frames are tipping $900+
    No wonder Shields+ 9mm, are selling like hotcakes. $400 you got a 13 shot EDC firearm.
    Where are you getting 1100.00, this new carry has an MSRP of 759.00 or were you talking about something different?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Where are you getting 1100.00, this new carry has an MSRP of 759.00 or were you talking about something different?
    Yeah, I'm confused as well. I've seen the scandium J-Frames go for that kind of money, but by chambering these in .38+p and .32 H&R they provided a means to get an arguably even better feature set than the PD models at a significant discount, just without the magnum calibers (which don't honestly give you that much benefit out of a snubby barrel anyway).

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I concur...seeing something 'different' from something common is nice!
    Too bad it's not chambered in .327 Magnum...

Top Bottom