• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a rather interesting read (somewhat long). Here we have a woman who was a practicing vegan and blogger who's health deteriorated because of her diet. Even when faced with possibly dire consequences she was slow to accept that her diet choice was killing her. Eventually she came around and regained her health with an omnivorous diet. She also came to realise that veganism wasn't going to save the world and was, in fact, worse for the planet than our omnivorous ways, (developed over millions of years). It's a nice read.

A Vegan No More | Voracious

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    It baffles me were vegan get the idea that meat and animal products are bad for us. I am seriously perplexed when I meet one and they look at me like I am crazy for eating the things I do. I look and feel healthy and eat 1/4 of the food they do, plus they all look like they're dying. At first in reading the article I just wanted to be her Dr. and kick her in the chest and just R. Lee Ermy here into the realization she was killing herself. Although she changed her eating habits I can't believe it took so much..

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    One of my step-daughter's friends is a wanna be vegan, or at least claims to be. I have asked her what her parents think of this, as I know them both, and they seem like nice people, and she said her dad tells her she's stupid for it, and her mom doesn't say anything. I told her that her dad was absolutely right, and she would someday regret making this decision. I'll have to save this link to show her the next time she is here. Thanks for posting MrJarrell!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    vegan-1.jpg

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Yeah, I was vegan-ish for six years. But I could never find a complete and clean break from refined sugar -- it's positively ubiquitous in our food supply. I LOVE ketchup, for instance. But short of making my own, it all contains refined sugar (along with nearly every other commercially available pre-packaged condiment).

I realize that I mention this on a pro-gun site, and de facto hunting site, at some risk of alienation, but please know: I would fight (to the point of physical combat) for YOUR right to exist as you please, including your right to kill and eat animals. Besides, I now structure my own diet around nutritional/dietary considerations more than... any other consideration.

Someone else said it well in another thread: steel guns were meant for leather holsters. Exactly. My 1911 is happiest in a well-worn Galco RG212 IWB model. :draw:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My daughter tried to tell me she was going to be a vegetarian. I said fine. That night I fixed steak, twice baked potatoes loaded with bacon, and bacon wrapped asparagus. I handed her a head of lettuce and told her to enjoy her meal. She decided being a vegetarian wasn't for her.

Top Bottom