A victory for the Second Amendment, a small one, but still a victory.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I went to the Mickey D's on stop 11 and 31 yesterday around 5 pm to meet with two of my friends and get chow. I took my coat off and walked up to the counter. (I also was open carrying at the time) I noticed the cashier who was a manager in training eyeing my piece when I walked up to the counter but thought nothing of it. When I walked up to the counter she asked me if I was carrying a real gun. I replied why yes ma'am I am carrying a real gun. She then stated "well since this is a family establishment, I have to ask you to leave or put that in your car. I replied with well ma'am if my gun isnt welcome than I am not either, may I please have your first name and employee number? I then gathered my friends and left the resturant as I had been asked. I knew she was wrong because Mc Donalds has released a press release saying that they folllow all state, local and federal laws pertaining to firearms ownership. Their franchises also have to follow this policy as part of the contract they sign with the corporation. I called the franchise owners office and left a polite message explaining who I was and what had occurred. I also gave them the ladies name which I am not sharing for her privacy. This morning at approx 10:00 am I got a phone call from someone who I assume was the owner of the resturants secretary. She assured me that I was correct and that the owners stance on guns in his store was to welcome them because it is a second amendment right. She assured me that it would be taken care of at the store by the general manager and that I, my friends, and our guns were welcome back in their store at anytime and she then asked for my address so that their store could buy my dinner the next few times I wanted the artery clogging goodness that is a double quarter pounder with cheese. I think it was a good outcome, a manager in training is receiving more training and learning that she cant use her own personal bias in the store and well, I get to get fat in a way that I enjoy. Dont judge me. I am just glad I allowed myself to walk away and make a phone call rather than do what I would have done in the past and start into a lecture in the middle of the store.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well done. I fully understand the periodic need for a cheeseburger. Today I felt my cholesterol dropping and I knew I had to act right away. I went for biscuits and gravy with some bacon. Not at McDs but still, ummm.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Their franchises also have to follow this policy as part of the contract they sign with the corporation.

This is good info to have if being asked to leave other McD's establishments. I've heard it to be an issue just South of me in Scottsburg.

I get to get fat in a way that I enjoy. Dont judge me.

Amen, Brother... :draw:

Hogie08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    What was she worried about, the customers are more likely to die from heart related injuries caused by their food than a properly handled firearm.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is good info to have if being asked to leave other McD's establishments. I've heard it to be an issue just South of me in Scottsburg.

Amen, Brother... :draw:
    With Austin (meth capital of Indiana) just north of Scottsburg you'd think they'd want all the legally carrying folks they could find.

irishanimal917

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It pleases me to see that your politeness and cool demeanor overcame this obstacle without incident. I get it that people feel uncomfortable around weapons, but you shouldn't be shunned from establishment because you're exercising your 2nd amendment right. I'm glad you were able to get her name and employee number to have a conversation with the franchise owner and even more happy that you protected her name. We'll done sir.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    You handled this quite nicely. You informed, you took your business elsewhere when it looked like you were going to be refused, and it all ended well. Well done.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You put this in purple, but I would not have. Not as a slam on the OP, who I agree handled this very well, but I think I would have given them all the info up to but not including my name or address. When the reason they wanted it was explained, I think I might have replied, "That's OK. I don't want free food. I want to pay for what I get. I'm only interested in the manager in training learning that it's the good guys who she'll see carrying."

Again, no slam on the OP. I think it was handled well and professionally. Rep inbound.

Blessings,
    Bill

What some people will do for free food.

StandingReady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Good job handling that situation well! I have seen some people handle similar situations in a manner that had left a very bad image for gun owners, no matter if they were on the right side of the issue or not. Thanks for representing responsible gun owners well in those circumstances.

Top Bottom