• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    First set of pics is ZetaSix speed strips and ZetaSix J-Clips. Note the top and bottom 5-round speed strips: the charge holes are spaced 2-2-1, which makes loading just a bit easier than equal spacing. I like that. The middle 5-round strip has grips on both ends, but the spacing is 2-1-2. If I get used to 2-2-1, I will not properly deploy the 2-1-2 loading under duress. ZetaSix sent me the 2-1-2 for free, but I won't use it. When your brain functions like mine, consistency matters; 2-2-1 it is. The 2 different configurations are plainly evident in the 2nd photo.

Pics 3&4: I am quite amazed at the ZetaSix J-clip 5-round cylinder-shaped speed loaders. They are really nice to use, and fast on the reload. Since HKS does NOT work with my Off Duty, or 442, I really appreciate the J-Clips. Both types of ZetaSix loader seem to hold the rounds a bit better, but release them nicely while reloading. Not shown in photos, but the ZetaSix J-clips put the rounds ALL THE WAY into the cylinder; the J-clip is actually touching the cylinder when completely inserted. That makes stripping the J-clip off and finishing the reload much quicker and much more positive.

The blue practice rounds are A-Zoom. A bit expensive, but they are all metal, and fit my loaders and guns perfectly. There is a spring-loaded 'primer' thingy to keep your gun from beating itself up. I like 'em!

The photos with my 686+, show the generic 8-round speed strips I bought. They are quick to use, and release the rounds properly upon reloading. I will most likely use those over the HKS 7-round traditional reloaders I also bought. One issue with the HKS/686+ combination is highlighted in the last photo. That is as far as the HKS can get the rounds into my 686+. Note in the loaded HKS how far up the center-post sits above the black plastic. Note how protruding the center post of the 686 cylinder is. The last pic attempts to show the HKS center post up against the 686 ejector rod center post. That is as far as the rounds will go into the cylinder using the HKS speedloader. Not ideal, for sure, but the speedloader is still way faster than using the 8-round speed strips. I'll play with both for awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_4138.JPG
      IMG_4138.JPG
      447.6 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_4139.JPG
      IMG_4139.JPG
      436.5 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_4140.JPG
      IMG_4140.JPG
      451.1 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_4141.JPG
      IMG_4141.JPG
      455.9 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_4142.JPG
      IMG_4142.JPG
      453.4 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_4143.JPG
      IMG_4143.JPG
      395.7 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_4145.JPG
      IMG_4145.JPG
      417.6 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_4146.JPG
      IMG_4146.JPG
      373 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_4147-2.JPG
      IMG_4147-2.JPG
      421.6 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_4148.JPG
      IMG_4148.JPG
      459.9 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I liked your pics so much I justbordered a 2 pack of the Zeta6 j-clip. Loading my 442 from strips are a pain. Thanks for sharing!

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I liked your pics so much I justbordered a 2 pack of the Zeta6 j-clip. Loading my 442 from strips are a pain. Thanks for sharing!
    While you are there, take a look at the yellow cylinder-shaped snap-cap replacement. If I didn't just spend $30 on the A-zooms, I woulda bought a set of those. I'm sure you will like the ZetaSix loaders, the rounds almost audibly click into place. I think they hold your ammo better, without being harder to unload into the cylinder.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Another big fan of the Zeta6 stuff here. They're very well made and the little things (like spacing out the cartridges in pairs) make a big difference. They also carry nicer in a pocket than a more traditional speedloader, and the pricing isn't bad either.

A practiced shooter can probably be quicker on the range with an HKS or Safariland speedloader, but I find the Zeta6 stuff to be more practical for EDC.

Top Bottom