• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I am trying to decide on a new semi auto shotgun. I like the fit and feel of both Beretta A300 and Remington 1100/ 1187. However my gut says Beretta. I have several 870's and like them but my favorite pump is a Ithaca Model 37. Anyone have any experience with the A300 and if so where is best place to pick one up and what is the model with the wood stock going for? Cabelas was $799.

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have one and used it for 2 waterfowl seasons with no issues. I would try any of the Local gun shops. I got synthetic since it is going to be in the dirt and water alot.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Synthetic comes with the awesome shim kit too. I've shot one, pretty smooth for the $$. No issues with target loads, either.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've been eyeing an Outlander as well. I played with one at the NRA Annual Meeting. It has the bead blasted, ala, 870 express finish. The best price I've found, by far, is (although a long drive for you) Whittaker Guns

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I was window shopping trying to compare again. I found both at Gander. The A300 with the bead blast finish already had a spot of surface rust on the barrel. The finish seems better and tougher on the 1187. I have read of others having the beretta barrel cerakoted but I hate having a new gun coated. I am now leaning more towards Remington.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I decided to go with the Beretta A300 Outlander. I placed my order today with Highsmiths in Greenfield which everyone was helpful and seems like a nice place. Will need to try out the range sometime.

I went with the Beretta over the Remington due to the positive research I found on the action and it's reliability if going to be using for a lot of shooting at a time (I.e. sporting clays). Even when you read about the older 1100 you find that people have more trouble with breakdowns and needing to carry spare parts than you do with the Beretta. Also even though multiple barrel selections would be nice I have my old 870 for that. If I am going hunting I will take an 870 or Ithaca model 37 so really the Beretta fits what I was looking for the best. Although I might need to save some money as I fondled a A400 20 gauge yesterday and oh I wish I had another $1,300 to spend on a gun right now. If I did it would be mine.

Top Bottom