• Total voters

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    what abou something like this?
    DrillAmerica® Parade Rifle - Glendale Exclusives - Replica Rifles & Accessories - Military Gear | Parade Decorations
    its a parade rifle but looks the part. set up a little "sack" for each one and hang it off the edge of the table (think of a REALLY LARGE version of one of these - Hunter's Specialties Butt Stock Rifle Cartridge Holder 9 Loops Elastic Black ) Then pull it out to show them and doesnt take up much space.

Plus the parade rifles are only like $40 so thats WAY cheaper

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    also as far as rings go....its sad to say but just use some cheap ones because its not like your shooting with them. Its just to HOLD the scope onto a chunk of wood and metal. No shooting going on so its only a prop/mockup

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    throw a piece of cloth in there (between the scope and rings)....dont crank um down to tight. Like i said your not looking to shoot with them and not have them move...just wanting them to stay put for general handleing

Putting a scope in a set of rings and tightening screws at all would be entirely to time consuming.

I appriciate all the ideas, but the point here is demo guns and you hold the scope with your hand vs extra scopes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Keeping in mind I have never seen your table before so I don't know what your current set up looks like...

Do you keep your demo guns laid out on the table or on a vertical rack?

Do you have a way to catalog your show inventory and display either photographs or charts detailing the additional versions you have with you? Perhaps you could do it by showing the demo gun and also a catalog of the other items you have...flyers, pamphlets...etc...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Keeping in mind I have never seen your table before so I don't know what your current set up looks like...

Do you keep your demo guns laid out on the table or on a vertical rack?

Do you have a way to catalog your show inventory and display either photographs or charts detailing the additional versions you have with you? Perhaps you could do it by showing the demo gun and also a catalog of the other items you have...flyers, pamphlets...etc...

My guns stay on the table. When a customer looks at x scope I tell them all the models I have behind the table that would be close to that.

By the time I stack scope inventory behind the booth, there is barely room for me, and my father behind the booth

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Out of curiosity, do you ever have anyone walk up and just pick up a scope and say, "I'll take this." or do most of them say, "I'm looking for a red dot/scope/etc."?

My thinking is that if most people engage you while they pick out a product, you would have the opportunity to tell them of other similar products that may be behind the table. If the opposite is true, then maybe presenting all of your product may be the best route to go, but I agree that I think it's visual appealing and draws people in when they see rifles sitting there too.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Out of curiosity, do you ever have anyone walk up and just pick up a scope and say, "I'll take this." or do most of them say, "I'm looking for a red dot/scope/etc."?

My thinking is that if most people engage you while they pick out a product, you would have the opportunity to tell them of other similar products that may be behind the table. If the opposite is true, then maybe presenting all of your product may be the best route to go, but I agree that I think it's visual appealing and draws people in when they see rifles sitting there too.

I think thats happened once or twice, and those are times that somone has one backordered for months somwhere else and I can just hand it to them for the same money. Its VERY VERY rare that somone knows exactly what they want. So yes I do have time to recomend items behind the table.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    The concern I would have with only having a few models displayed would be the tendency of folks to think that those are the only models you carry (and that you just have a healthy quantity of each) as they walk past.

That being said, some signage under the scopes on the table or on the front of your scope stack listing the available models might go a ways toward eliminating such a misconception.

On the subject of a rings on a trial stock, have you considered using 34mm lower halfs w/ a 1/16" or 2mm neoprene or rubber liner on the bottom and a neoprene top strap w/ holes punched to snap over the screw heads?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The concern I would have with only having a few models displayed would be the tendency of folks to think that those are the only models you carry (and that you just have a healthy quantity of each) as they walk past.

That being said, some signage under the scopes on the table or on the front of your scope stack listing the available models might go a ways toward eliminating such a misconception.

On the subject of a rings on a trial stock, have you considered using 34mm lower halfs w/ a 1/16" or 2mm neoprene or rubber liner on the bottom and a neoprene top strap w/ holes punched to snap over the screw heads?

If I did it thats the route I would take, the probelm is I would still have to mess with screwing the top 1/2 on, and when I have customers stacked 5 deep waiting to talk to me im not willing to waste that time. If I cant jsut pop it in rubber rings and go im not interested.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i did a quick google and the first thing that cam up was ebay so i'd keep checking gun broker, auction arms and ebay, and hope you can win a auction

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i did a quick google and the first thing that cam up was ebay so i'd keep checking gun broker, auction arms and ebay, and hope you can win a auction

I have been checking all those sites (gunbroker/auction arms to a lesser extent) and Im yet to see what im after. Im pretty much to the point if I see a auction for 1 ill win:D

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If I did it thats the route I would take, the probelm is I would still have to mess with screwing the top 1/2 on, and when I have customers stacked 5 deep waiting to talk to me im not willing to waste that time. If I cant jsut pop it in rubber rings and go im not interested.

I wouldn't bother screwing the top half on, just get some good rubber w/ a hole punch and stretch/snap it over the top. Just make certain the rubber hooks over the screws where they come through the bottom of the ring base.

Another option would be to use a rubber strip in the top half and loctite posts in the bottom half. That way, instead of using screws you can use knurl nuts to hold the top on.

Even better may be to feed a reusable zip tie through the screw holes. Just zip the scope in place (no top piece required) and pull tight to install, press the tab and unzip to release. Realistically, you may have to oversize the screw holes in the lower half for most zip ties to fit.

Speed is important, but security probably a higher priority. It is probably better to do nothing than to risk a scope falling off the mount.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Could you take a set of 30mm rings and put a coat of liquid plastidip on them to prevent ring marks and use a rubber strap to hold it on the rings? You would only be able to demo 1" scopes on it though.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Could you take a set of 30mm rings and put a coat of liquid plastidip on them to prevent ring marks and use a rubber strap to hold it on the rings? You would only be able to demo 1" scopes on it though.

Thats not a bad Idea, I could do 1 with a set of 30mm and 1 with a set of 1inch.

Tap the bottom peice of a set of burris xtr's and attach a section of rubber. on the other side make some form of latch:yesway:.

That might just work

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Good work, Thunder!

Alan,
    In regards to your response to my earlier post, given that info, I wouldn't hesitate to keep a lot of stock behind the counter because you'll have direct contact with most of the customers.

Top Bottom