• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I was using 11.2gr AA7 under a 125 Zero FP. I had settled on this load after chrono and group testing. It was very consistent, low SD, great accuracy. However, there was a fair amount of particles left in the gun after a few hundred rounds. This past weekend, I had a failure to extract in my M&P357 towards the end of a SC match. I think the culprit was these particles fouling the already relatively snug chamber and causing the case to stick. But for that stupid FTE, I would have finished fairly well, darnit. Previously, I had been using 8.8 gr longshot, and never had the FTE issue pop up. That brings up a couple questions that I was hoping the collective wisdom here might be able answer:

1. Does this theory make sense?

2. Has anyone else had issues with AA7 leaving a lot of particulate matter in the gun? (in 357 sig or otherwise)

3. If so, is it a symptom of too little/too much pressure for AA7 to burn cleanly?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I haven't used AA7 Just AA2 it wasn't to bad (not in a .357 sig)

now on to different powders--
    My brother owns a .357 sig and was using AA2, it shot about like a 9mm. He switched to lil gun and what a world of difference!

Top Bottom