• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpsiddall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    I have been contemplating possibly purchasing an AAC 300 blackout barrel to swap out with my Colt LE6920 stock barrel. My question for the forum members is if anybody knows if the AAC 300 blackout barrel profile will fit my stock A2 front sight base and gas block. I am not interested in purchasing an AAC upper assembly at this time and was hoping to find a workaround. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I think its recommended that you dont "reuse" front sights, because they are drilled specifically for the barrel from which they were removed, and taper pin jigs are really expensive. Im giving it a shot on a 5.56 barrel I have by just redrilling the holes and Im gonna run some tight roll pins in there, but thats gonna be a beater AR. If your gonna do it on a "nicer" gun, Id probably find another way.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have been contemplating possibly purchasing an AAC 300 blackout barrel to swap out with my Colt LE6920 stock barrel. My question for the forum members is if anybody knows if the AAC 300 blackout barrel profile will fit my stock A2 front sight base and gas block. I am not interested in purchasing an AAC upper assembly at this time and was hoping to find a workaround. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you buying the AAC barrel? Or do you just mean a 300 blackout barrel in general? If the former, it comes with a gas block. If the latter, you have to shop different brands. I know Noveske and Wilson Combat 300 barrels will not work because they have 1" gas block shelves (plus Noveske's come with a gas block)

You might try some of the more "budget" barrels like CMMG or AR-Stoner. Those might have a long enough gas block shelf to run an A2. As mentioned, you don't want to re-use an old one, unless it's a set-screw type A2 block.

cpsiddall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Are you buying the AAC barrel? Or do you just mean a 300 blackout barrel in general? If the former, it comes with a gas block. If the latter, you have to shop different brands. I know Noveske and Wilson Combat 300 barrels will not work because they have 1" gas block shelves (plus Noveske's come with a gas block)

You might try some of the more "budget" barrels like CMMG or AR-Stoner. Those might have a long enough gas block shelf to run an A2. As mentioned, you don't want to re-use an old one, unless it's a set-screw type A2 block.

Essentially I just want to take my stock LE6920 and swap out a 5.56 barrel for the 300 Blackout. I love the fit and feel of my Colt, I essentially would like the exact same rifle but swap out the stock barrel for a barrel chambered in 300 blackout.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom