• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    So after reading some threads in this forum I was very interested in getting some training from Coach. As I had missed his most recent 1-on-1 training day at MCFG I contacted him via email and he was kind enough to set up a 2 hour training session for me yesterday afternoon (8/6/2014). All I can say is that was the best 2 hours of pistol instruction I have ever had. Coach explains everything very clearly and we were able to diagnose my issues with shooting my carry pistol (G17 shooting low left) in about 20-30 rounds. After we figured out what the problem was (finger position on the trigger), we started working some drills and working on my draw stroke (something I had never done in live fire before). I cannot be happier with the two hours I spent with Coach and I have every intention to train with him again some day after I have had time to practice everything he has taught me.

Lessons Learned:

Finger position on the trigger is pretty important, a little left or a little right of the "sweet spot" can affect your POI
    I need to work on my draw stroke a lot more and potentially get an open top holster (my current holster has a thumb break snap)
    I'm going to need to invest in a Grip Force beaver tail for my G17...(I'm gripping too high on my draw stroke and I got bit a few times...OUCH!)
    I need to practice at longer distances more often (groups out to 15 yards were acceptable but at 20 yards I wasn't doing so hot)
    Keep working on a consistent trigger pull
    Work on snapping eyes for transitions from target to target
    Train with Coach again

Like I said earlier, best 2 hours I've ever spent training. I highly recommend that if anyone is looking for some personalized instruction on pistol shooting you should definitely keep Coach on your short list, I know I'll be seeing him again!

Coach did not request that I do this, this is not a solicited review.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    My elderly mother and I had a private session with coach about a moth ago. I agree with the way the OP put it-best 2 hours of gun instruction!
    We were looking for basic instruction aimed with home defense in mind. Coach is very knowledgeable. Very patient when working with my mom.
    Diagnosed my shooting very quickly and put me on target!
    An excellent teacher! I will likely take additional training with him!
    As an aside, we did our session at Riley. I really like that place! I wish it were closer to me. I would join in a minute!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It is beyon ridiculous, the amount one can learn from one on one instruction... the fact that one can carry that info away with them for further practice? priceless.
    Been there, done that, will be back for more! Glad someone else took the plunge!

Top Bottom