• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Acteon, I thought he was a she too... but sadclown straightened me out on FB after I posted the pic. Oh well.... He was shooting pretty good after we all got him over his eye situation. I ran across atleast three kids yesterday that were left eye dominate but right handed... kinda interesting...

Let us refer to the shooter as an "it" and be done mentioning children.

armybrat1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Demotte
    That is why I was asking each child their name and introduced myself to them as well. Regardless of long hair, skin color, sexual orientation, etc....ALL of the kids out there yesterday were wonderful in their own right....and NOBODY deserves to be called "IT". For those parents that might be on this thread, my apologies for those individuals that make assumptions and name call.....wow.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm just going by what I was told second hand. If I was misinformed, I apologize. That shooter did not visit the skeet area for us to meet and coach.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That is why I was asking each child their name and introduced myself to them as well. Regardless of long hair, skin color, sexual orientation, etc....ALL of the kids out there yesterday were wonderful in their own right....and NOBODY deserves to be called "IT". For those parents that might be on this thread, my apologies for those individuals that make assumptions and name call.....wow.

Sadclown is not fond of children.
    Yet donates time, ammo, money.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Sadclown is not fond of children.
    Yet donates time, ammo, money.

Purely selfish reasons I assure you. It is one of those necessary evils that one must endure to further the goals of the shooting sports. And we should all be so lucky to pay our penance now, less we spend time in purgatory later.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Armybrat, my statement was not intended as to belittle the youngster. I was under the impression that she was a young lady and when I stated it I got told I was wrong. I apologize for my not knowing her or his gender. All of this aside this shooter did wonderful on the line and I was impressed with them so much that I broke my camera out to take that shot.

I would like to know what gender the shooter was though if anyone knows for sure...

Armybrat, you must take sadclown with a bit of a smile as he has always shown his attitude toward children on all of the threads in the forums and he is quite honest in his position.... But we are in America and well what ever sadclown or whomever wants to throw out there is fair game... IT's one persons point of view... I love other people kids.... their the future, don't have any of my own...

As far as the day I was happy to see some awesome future shooters on the line sending lead down range and learning how to do it responsibly, no matter the age or gender.... Good shoot...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I went through about 500 rounds of CCI standard velocity and a couple hundred of HV at my bench, this was ammo I brought with me. Was a great time but man oh man...my 22 suppressor is DIRTY!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    451, a dirty suppressor is a happy suppressor.... Well once she is all clean again.... Getting dirty though is what they are suppose to do.... Loved it...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Agreed. I would like to see those comments cleaned up. We don't want them here to represent the INGO youth shoots.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I do believe we need some swag for next years shoot to sell as most were asking for it. I still have a good 400-500 left over form the shoot will save for next year. I plan on putting the 190 I have for shirts in a 6 month CD just so we can make some money with our money.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I do believe we need some swag for next years shoot to sell as most were asking for it. I still have a good 400-500 left over form the shoot will save for next year. I plan on putting the 190 I have for shirts in a 6 month CD just so we can make some money with our money.

One of the best idea's that I have ever heard.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would second that the swag is a discussion in person... There are all kinds of things that would need to be set up before it took place...

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    As usual yesterday was an enjoyable time. I have to compliment the person in charge of the weather. Fantastic job!

I was on the fifty yard line and noticed the guys with the fancier, quieter and, louder guns got the most activity.

I also noticed some of the kids weren't impressed with the flipper targets. I think they are only 2 inches in diameter and were harder to see, particularly with open sights, and more so when the paint got chipped off. But with that said, when they made one dance while shooting open sights they all had big smiles. A big accomplishment for a youngster.

I think we need to have different targets on the 50 yd. line next year. Maybe larger flippers??

What surprised me were the adults that had trouble with the concept of squeezing the trigger. All the adults at my station wanted to slap the trigger.

Here's a couple of things to think about for next year.
    The Winamac range is right on the time zone border. Start time should be bumped to 10:00 AM Eastern, 9:00 AM Central, instead of 8:00 AM Eastern, 7:00 AM Central.
    Any advertisement should indicate the event will take place rain or shine. The flyer didn't.
    If it rains could the archery take place from under dining fly's?
    If you don't know where the range is located it may be hard to find. How about some signs on the highway?

It was a good day just needed more customers.

Top Bottom