will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Adaptive Consulting and Training DP201 at AtlantaCC, 09-10-2011

Instructors: obijohn and rhino

Overview: Warmed up with some stationary up drills, drawing to service called target areas, some with strong or weak hand only.

Alternate shooting positions: kneeling, prone, urban prone, supine.

Shooting while advancing, very close quarters shooting from retention and while backing away.

Effective use of cover.

Lateral and oblique movements while engaging targets between 4 cover stations in a box drill.

360 degree figure-8 drill engaging multiple called threats with one tall cover and one short.

Somewhere in there we were treated to gourmet grilled hotdogs, chips and cookies.
    I broke out the Bacon to share a tasty snack later in the day. :bacondance:

As always, the topics and drills were presented, discussed, demonstrated, and alternatives presented. We were given tips to aid in our own problem solving and plenty of one-on-one feedback and fine tuning throughout the day.

It was a pleasure to join OneBadV8 and GTM in this small but intense class.
    I got a lot out of it and have more to practice (Of course, I still suck. :D)

And for those who remember laughing at my tactical kneepads in DP101...

:ugh: D'OH! ...I really shoulda brought them Saturday, the gravel was ouchy. :):

OBV8 movin' and groovin' between covers in the box drill:
    yZ07l.jpg

GTM running the same drill:
    BPFyt.jpg

Rule #22: Always bring a rhino:
    Bullet Sponge > Cover > Concealment :laugh:
    pGblV.jpg

^ yes, it was just a blue training gun.

Highly recommend this class and the guys at A.C.T. Another safe, challenging and rewarding day. :yesway: Thanks!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    This was a great class and a fun one to take. GTM is right, ATM definitely gets into his training. If you've not trained with this guy you need to.

My knees were hurting just watching him dive in without thinking.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks to everyone who came. I always like when classes have unplanned malfunctions. I think you get a little more out of them. I just wish mine didn't happen twice, although I learned a few things from that...

1. Don't forget a backup gun
    2. Add a brass rod to my range kit (its there now :D)
    3. Glocks won't really go KABOOM!! :): (I couldn't resist)

The stones were deep at Atlanta and during the drill pictured above it made it hard to stop without going to a knee. Although I think ATM dove to his knees every chance he got.

It was definitely eye opening to see what close range (shooting from retention) shots do to a target. The muzzle blast was a lot more damaging than I expected.

As always, the Viray boys put on a good class that is enjoyable. I look forward to the Defensive Rifle classes in Nov!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks, guys! We're always happy when you've taken something positive from the experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you and some others in the rifle classes in November too!

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I wasn't quite dedicated enough to belly-flop on the ground during the figure 8 drill. There's no way I could match that intensity! :)

Did Rhino demo the belly flop maneuver???? That would have been priceless.

Maybe he can demo that for us in the DR Classes. That would almost make up for postponing them!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom