• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Went to Crosley Saturday with Tango. We had some good hardware with us. Browning Abolt 300wsm, T/C Venture in 243, T/C Omega, Marlin 44 mag. 1911, 357 mag XD40sc, AR15, SKS, and XD9sc. Tango had not been versed in bolt guns or muzzleloaders. I had never shot an AR or SKS. That changed yesterday. We started out warming up on the 100 yard range. The 243 got us going. we shot the center of the target pretty good. The SKS was an interesting rifle. I' still not a fan. I like the smooth action and it seemed clunky. But I was reasonably happy with the results. Tango was digging the 300 wsm. It is a thumper. Muzzle loader was spot on as well.So was the 44 mag. Tango schooled me on the AR. I was happy with how I shot it. Over 50% in an 8" target. I did have to walk it in a little. It was starting to get late so we got over to the 200 yard range. Tango pulled out the AR again and did some good work. It was sighted in at 50. I got the 243 out again and put some rounds downrange,but low. Sighted in at 100. Next I raised up to the first circle on the BDC reticle...high. Then used the top of the circle and put 3 shots about 3/4" below center in the 10 ring.They could be covered by a quarter.:rockwoot: I am happier everytime I shoot the 243. I quit shooting after that and had Tango run out the rest of the ammo. He worked it in and his last shot was in the 10 ring. All in all a good day at the range.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Crosley Saturday with Tango. We had some good hardware with us. Browning Abolt 300wsm, T/C Venture in 243, T/C Omega, Marlin 44 mag. 1911, 357 mag XD40sc, AR15, SKS, and XD9sc. Tango had not been versed in bolt guns or muzzleloaders. I had never shot an AR or SKS. That changed yesterday. We started out warming up on the 100 yard range. The 243 got us going. we shot the center of the target pretty good. The SKS was an interesting rifle. I' still not a fan. I like the smooth action and it seemed clunky. But I was reasonably happy with the results. Tango was digging the 300 wsm. It is a thumper. Muzzle loader was spot on as well.So was the 44 mag. Tango schooled me on the AR. I was happy with how I shot it. Over 50% in an 8" target. I did have to walk it in a little. It was starting to get late so we got over to the 200 yard range. Tango pulled out the AR again and did some good work. It was sighted in at 50. I got the 243 out again and put some rounds downrange,but low. Sighted in at 100. Next I raised up to the first circle on the BDC reticle...high. Then used the top of the circle and put 3 shots about 3/4" below center in the 10 ring.They could be covered by a quarter.:rockwoot: I am happier everytime I shoot the 243. I quit shooting after that and had Tango run out the rest of the ammo. He worked it in and his last shot was in the 10 ring. All in all a good day at the range.
    You need to post pix of the targets otherwise you get this:
    :postpics:
    could not resisist, have had it done to me a Couple of times! :laugh:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Took me a while, but I finally figured out Photobucket, now that there are no fees attached. Even got a U-tube channel, just wait till after NFA day I'll be wearing out my Sony Handicam! Sounds like you had fun. Crosley is one of my favorited places to shoot. Because with the rifles 200yrds is a fit distance form men to shoot at!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Next stop. South Dakota!

Sounds like you had a good time and the guns shot well. How busy was Crosley Saturday? We're approaching the time when it fills up with deer hunters practicing. I've seen incredibly stupid things happen during "silly season" so we usually go during the week this time of year.

Once you start shooting little groups at 200 yards, you are beginning to edge closer and closer to prairie doggin'. Great fun, target rich environment, and highly reactive targets.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Sounds like you had a good time and the guns shot well. How busy was Crosley Saturday? We're approaching the time when it fills up with deer hunters practicing. I've seen incredibly stupid things happen during "silly season" so we usually go during the week this time of year.

Once you start shooting little groups at 200 yards, you are beginning to edge closer and closer to prairie doggin'. Great fun, target rich environment, and highly reactive targets.

It wasn't busy at all. We got there about 2 and quit shooting promptly at 5 as per range rules....trust me:rolleyes: Yhere were some other people there but not many.

Top Bottom