• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Went down to Crosley today with 2 friends to shoot a little handgun and a lot of rifle. I took my XD40sc, RIA 1911, Marlin 1894 44mag, and my Abolt 300wsm. T brought his S&W39, and Abolt 30-06. R brought his SR9, 308, and 22-250. T and I shot well shot well with pistols. R is just starting into handguns and needed a little direction in fundamentals. After a little adjustment in grip, R was putting the shots in the effective range. With the rifles, R was on it. He was putting tight groups together. T had tight groups with his 30-06 using a few different loads. I was happy with my 44. had groups of about 1.5-2 in. at 100 yds. My Abolt was a little less cooperative. I am trying different loads and bullets. I did narrow down some things. I'll go again and learn a few more things. I also used my chrono for the forst time today. that was some interesting info. My 44 load is a 240 gn.Hornady XTP going at 1730 fps. Bambi is going to have a tough time this fall. My 300wsm was moving between 2800 fps and 3250fps using bullets 150, 165, and 180 gr. Overall a good day at the range witha little sore and discolored shoulder.:rockwoot::D and dinner at Cracker Barrel after.

Top Bottom