Not open for further replies.

str0h

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Came down with a member

Accompanied jsquared1702...

I've been real slow about getting an AR, really because I just don't know much about them and he mentioned the AR build. Needless to say I'll be working on finding an upper to complete the gun...

Had a great time learning how to put the lower receiver together...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am the same as you when it comes to the AR, str0h.
    But I at least got the lower and parts kit. And now I don't know which direction I'll go with upper.
    The book "Build your own AR" is great, but it would have been nice to meet and learn tricks from the pros.

I would've attended if it were not for a busy work schedule. Sounds like I missed out on a good time.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Got there late, around 4pm, but there was still a constant din of hammering on pins, and the occasional detent or spring that went flying through the air!

Thanks to pudly for giving us the grand tour of MCFG, as we had never been there before. :D

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I wish I could've made it to this one but I had to go in to work early. Hopefully I can make it to the next one. It looks and sounds like it was a great time though.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Can we create a new thread for suggestions about having another AR Build Party? This way we can start to collect information from users about where/when/what they would like to see at the next event?

Have at it! If it's an event you are putting together, make the post in "General Firearms Discussion" or "Long Guns" until you have a location and date established, at which time it can be moved to "INGO Events".

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Have at it! If it's an event you are putting together, make the post in "General Firearms Discussion" or "Long Guns" until you have a location and date established, at which time it can be moved to "INGO Events".

^^^this^^^

I can tell you from experience that you'd be better off just planning one around a date that you pre-choose. Trying to organize one around others' schedules will give you fits. "If you have it, they will come":twocents:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I had a free afternoon today so I took my build to the range for its first workout. Happy to report that it functioned flawlessly. It ate three kinds of 'store bought' stuff and my (ahem) first rate handloads without so much as a bobble. Thanks to all for making this event possible and for all the help in getting my first build put together. This event was awesome!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I had a free afternoon today so I took my build to the range for its first workout. Happy to report that it functioned flawlessly. It ate three kinds of 'store bought' stuff and my (ahem) first rate handloads without so much as a bobble. Thanks to all for making this event possible and for all the help in getting my first build put together. This event was awesome!

:postpics:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    AAR....
    Geesh the free event will be costly to me.....
    Saw alot of AR fixtures/maintenance items I "should have" ........
    NFA stuff is another disease I just picked up and know the cure.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I took part in the INGO AR-Build this weekend and must say it was worth the wait.

I built two lowers sunday. Both had spikes lowers, one was 22 and the other was 5.56.

Both lowers I used a RRA lower parts kit.
    Upgraded on the handle and trugger guards to Magpul.
    Bought both uppers complete. One was a Spikes Tactial 22 with a 5.5" barrel and a 10" Daniel Defence rail.
    The other was a BCM upper with a 10.5" barrel.

I purchased the 22 with the thought of adding a Thompson Machine Zephyr XL 22 suppressor in mind. With the suppressor attached it only sticks past the nose about .5" The rail is 10".

Both have Spikes Pistol buffer tubes at this time, since the short barrel.
    Once the NFA paperwork is completed for both I'll swap them out and add a Magpul buttstock ACS kit to it.

Finally the 22 has Magpul 22 AR mags and a BSA Red Dot scope.

Below is some pics for Shooter521 :D and a couple of videos I took with the 22 AR. The first video is without the XL and then the second is with the XL.

I had no problems with FTF or FTE out of the 50 rounds I tried. All were CCI rounds.

picture.php

picture.php

Spikes Tactical 22 :: Spikes Tactical 22 without XL video by mjrducky - Photobucket

Spikes Tactical 22 :: Spikes Tactical 22 with XL video by mjrducky - Photobucket

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    FCVCC has a large club house. I'll try to get up there for the next meeting and pitch the idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom