• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Monday evening my wife and myself decided to check out King Gyros in Ft. Wayne for ourselves! This is a quick editorial/pictorial by a self appointed INGO food critic. As a couple of other threads have included...this place is a 2nd Amendment supporter. We went at dinner time 7:ooish. Starved and armed. I am not associated or employed in anyway. This is not an advertisement. Just an appreciation of a small business that supports the way "things" should be! Very clean and extremely friendly place. And yes they do allow and carry guns! Great food people and atmosphere...Please support them if you are in Ft. Wayne. You won't be dissapointed. Both of us out the door for less than $20. Thanks George!
    Greetings!! Friendly and smiling:
    20130311_195556_zpsa77e3932.jpg

Nick and his Dad...Owners and oh yea the food!!!
    20130311_195816_zpsece301d3.jpg

The food before and after!
    20130311_200027_zps25d71117.jpg

20130311_200032_zps34c9b3a2.jpg

Huge helping of tips left after we both Knawed on them!
    20130311_204007_zps8ab1401c.jpg

20130311_210713_zpsbe9195f6.jpg

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    We have been there many times;
    Not as often in recent years.

I know that the downtown Gyros and
    this one are not connected

But,downtown they say I can pay
    in Sheckles or Rubles.
    Can I do that at Five points?

I showed my wife the thread.
    She's hungry again.We will go there
    armed with appetites and a couple
    of other things.

Thanks

Mark

Remembering Miller's Dairy Barn and Penguin Point

Last edited:

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I believe we have one on Indy's south side on 31 just north of Sumner. (317) 780-0441

3410 S East St Indianapolis, IN 46227.

Not sure they have any gun policy but the food is very good.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We have King Gyros here in Bloomington. All of their food is really good. The ribs are fantastic.

We've been there a number of times over the years--usually take out. Do you happen to know if they are prominantly pro-2A like the one in Ft. Wayne?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I believe we have one on Indy's south side on 31 just north of Sumner. (317) 780-0441

3410 S East St Indianapolis, IN 46227.

Not sure they have any gun policy but the food is very good.
    I visit a couple times a month. Always OC inside.
    Never a second look. Food is better than average and priced reasonable too. Fast drive thru when needed.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been to a couple King Gyros and that one is the only one I'd eat in just going by looks. I've bought food from street vendors in foreign countries and the King Gyros I've been in have been too dirty for me.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    We've been there a number of times over the years--usually take out. Do you happen to know if they are prominantly pro-2A like the one in Ft. Wayne?

Too be honest, I have no idea. The guy at the counter (I have no idea what his name is) is super cool. Really nice guy and is easy to chat it up with. Being in bloomington, I doubt they are extreme supporters of 2A. My guess is they probably aren't concerned so long as your a paying customer. Especially if your carrying concealed. Only time I had ever gone in there with a gun visible was when I was working and in uniform, so I cant really say for sure.

Greek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the support ggglobert!!! And thank you to everybody else for the support as well!
    To clear things up. Every king gyros is independently owned and operated. We assume no affiliation or connection with any other king gyros. Our stand on the 2nd amendment is our own. We welcome all (lisenced) gun owners and respect open carry and concealed practices! Thanks again from the king gyros family!!!!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    mmmmmmm No red sauce for me. Just meat, hot giardiniera/peppers, mozzarella cheese, and a full dunk in the juice tank. :)

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It has been a couple years since I ate there, but made it a point to go there last Sunday afternoon after seeing the posts here. I went through the drive through and was surprised to see the same decal posted on the drive-up window.
    photo2_zps6881467b.jpg

I'm a big eater so I ordered a rib tip dinner and a large Greek salad. When the girl handed me the bag, it felt like it weighed 5 pounds. I got home, sat down and unbagged the goodies.

I went for the rib tip dinner first. The tips were fall apart tender and the serving size was big. The sauce was tangy and delicious (I had to sprinkle some Franks Hot Sauce on for added heat). They were all meat and no bones. The poor dogs were sitting here slobbering on the floor, waiting for some goodies,, but they lost out this time. The fries were perfect and the cole slaw was great too. I got all that down and started on the Greek salad.

The salad was huge and loaded with really fresh, crisp lettuce. The Greek olives were the highlight. Great flavor and texture. The peppers and cucumbers were good too..... and then I was amazed to see the whole thing covered with a layer of Feta cheese and the chopped red beets made the whole thing beautiful. I always keep olive oil and balsamic vinegar here and made up additional dressing to pour over the top. There was dressing on the salad, but I like a little more.

The only suggestion I have on the salad is to make BACON an option. Charge me extra and call me crazy, but this would have been the ultimate salad. I also like pineapple chunks, but I guess I have to take the traditional offering.

I never mentioned INGO or seeing the posts here. I had my .45 concealed in a shoulder holster, so I have to assume this is the normal quantity and quality and they weren't intimidated into treating me nicely.

Typing this and recalling my Sunday feast has made me hungry. I may have to visit again today on my way home from the shoe store.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    My fiance and I eat there at least a couple times a month or when ever I have a craven for the gyros. Their gyro plate has enough stuff in it for 2 people to eat off of but I always manage to finish it off. LOL.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    If they are connected with the one in Daleville, I suggest the grilled cheese and a regular hamburger. Smash them together and enjoy the most delicious burger.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Thanks for the support ggglobert!!! And thank you to everybody else for the support as well!
    To clear things up. Every king gyros is independently owned and operated. We assume no affiliation or connection with any other king gyros. Our stand on the 2nd amendment is our own. We welcome all (lisenced) gun owners and respect open carry and concealed practices! Thanks again from the king gyros family!!!!

Greek, which Ft Wayne location are you at?

Top Bottom