• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    First of all, a BIG thank you to all of our shooters who came out this weekend. The weather started off wet and cold, and then it changed to wet and cold, and we ended the day with wet and cold. It takes some strong souls to keep at it in such weather, and it was a refreshing to hear the enthusiasm as your repeated back those safety rules - I knew we had a good group from the start! Through it all we saw some big smiles...everyone's shooting improved, and everyone learned more about the beginnings of this great nation and the sacrifices of those colonists a mere 236 years ago. Congratulations to our newest Rifleman - Tony! Several more of you are getting close - Barry, Jonathan, Matt, Greg - and I'm sorry our family of four couldn't stay to see how'd they do. I'll cross my fingers for dry and warm for your next Appleseed!

Again, thank you everyone. Remember the names from that volley and think about how you're going to honor them today. Pictures coming soon.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Pictures are here! A BIG thank you to our AppleCore-in-Training, Sarah, for the pics! Rah-rah should be joining the forum soon. ;D

Mags out, bolts back, safeties on...DHolder sings for our shooters.
    100_1068.jpg

Left Bay:
    100_1073.jpg

Right Bay:
    100_1074.jpg

Jonathan using his new seated position skills to send rounds across Lake MCFG:
    100_1104.jpg

Lauren trying out seated, too. I loves me some purple vet tape:
    100_1096.jpg

And Marty joins in with a great open leg position. She doesn't have purple vet tape on her rifle, but I guess blue will have to do. ;)
    100_1103.jpg

Bill 3 and Matt have a chat:
    100_1099.jpg

How on earth did I not faceplant into the mud?
    100_1063.jpg

Click, click, click - Tony tests out IMC:
    100_1070.jpg

Tony - our new Rifleman. Congratulations!!!! ..:..
    100_1106.jpg

Thanks for coming out, everyone! You're welcome back anytime. Quick, what's step #7? Bring your friends back, too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the Pics AB!!

I hated to leave early but Laurens fingers were so stiff she could not load her mags. Lauren and Marty are open to shooting and enjoying themselves but last thing I want to do is make them miserable and resent going to Appleseed events.

All 4 of us on the drive home talked about how cool it was for the volley at 4pm to remember the fallen. Very emotional. Marty swears that was her tightest groupings of the day.

We all took a lot of info home with us and a LOT of learing done in a short time period.

A BIG +1 to all the instructors involved. especially .5 she was so joyful being there!!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Thanks for the Pics AB!!

I hated to leave early but Laurens fingers were so stiff she could not load her mags. Lauren and Marty are open to shooting and enjoying themselves but last thing I want to do is make them miserable and resent going to Appleseed events.

All 4 of us on the drive home talked about how cool it was for the volley at 4pm to remember the fallen. Very emotional. Marty swears that was her tightest groupings of the day.

We all took a lot of info home with us and a LOT of learing done in a short time period.

A BIG +1 to all the instructors involved. especially .5 she was so joyful being there!!

It was great to have you all there. The weather was certainly not the most pleasant, and everyone really did very well with it. Come on out again sometime - it should be nice and warm in July! ;)

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    The volley of 13 was an incredibly moving opportunity, I'm grateful I had the chance to participate in it. And some of my muscles are still sore from learning the seated position (at least I've stopped shivering from the cold though). Can't wait to come back, hopefully next time I won't need the tape over my shooting glasses.

WRWIII

Plinker
    Apr 25, 2008
    LOFS
    Cold, rain, wind, mud, gravel. What's an Appleseed without the elements? The push was on to get an Appleseed done in a day and mother nature had something to say about it. My hat goes off to everyone. Dealing with the cold, the wind, the rain, and the mud.

All in all a great group of shooters who stuck it out as best they can. The groups improved greatly as the day progressed. The glimmer of understanding was there. Congrats to Tony on scoring Rifleman. Others right on your back. Barry was impressive, shooting left handed with a righty bolt gun. Matt was putting it all together but not quite there. He is in spirit.

We had family groups in attendance. Phil, thank you for bringing your family out. There is nothing I like more than to see kids and family on the line! It gives me hope. Greg, thank you! You decided to stay in spite of your flight as we ran late to get it all in, that says a lot to me. Jonathan got to join me at Atterbury for Sunday. It was a pleasure to meet everyone.

Thank you DHolder, AuntieBellum, Sarah(rah rah), .5 for your excellent work.

Hope to see everyone on the trail.

Top Bottom