• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Wow! Another great shoot!

Saturday Morning

It was a cold dark morning when we started out setup. PT6 suggested we use headlights to see what we were doing and before you knew it the line was up and running:

5568714796_0620e9d7b5_z.jpg

As soon as the bluehats had check-in done, it was time to get instruction going and SPQR was ready to take our students through the course of instruction:

5568715608_480e5e6af9_z.jpg

Soon it was time to get to shooting! Our line was a full range of average Americans of all ages and kinds. It was great, oh, and LOUD:

5568129441_50425611d7_z.jpg

We even had a couple of great youth shooters. "K" was a real trooper and proved that dedication can carry you through a full weekend, even if you are 7!

5568716464_580a398f57_z.jpg

All of the students stuck with the hose and stuck through the heavy volume of information given them.

Saturday Afternoon

Before we knew it, lunch was on us and while we ate, SPQR took us through First Strike:

5568717260_ecbee08981_z.jpg

Then it was time to get moving, heat back up, and get some more shooting done, this time with ball & dummy drills:

5568130369_7f2d97492c_z.jpg

Young Mr. "K" got some time running a suppressor in the afternoon before switching back to his .22 break open rifle.

5568131251_e6799b57f0_z.jpg

SPQR and HQ make quite the team, here doing standing position:

5568135937_f36b449899_z.jpg

Come end of day and we were able to just squeeze in one AQT before third strike and closing out the day. AppleCore was there to help score those targets:

5568132189_b44d3d3b06_z.jpg

Sunday Morning

It was a cold morning. And the SB "might" have been running a tad late and ended up with a special opportunity to 7th step even before getting to the range!

5568135067_13cdfd110a_z.jpg

As soon as we were onsite and checked back in, a hearty band of students was back on the line and working to zero rifles and begin hammering AQT's:

5568725612_d5f7af7294.jpg

Sunday Afternoon

With the help of our Orange Hats, lunch was full of the stories of Dangerous Old Men. And with the help of one of our students, it was also full of spicey venison! MMMmmm....

Soon it was time to go and do some KD on some steel. Several of our shooters had started the weekend with apprehensions and concerns. There was even some concern that they might be in the wrong place and not be right for what we had to teach. By Sunday afternoon, there was no more fear and only steel and centerfire rounds hitting it!

5566156119_a434716a0a_z.jpg

5568731826_001f5feefc_z.jpg

KD Video

After KD it was time to get back to the orange line and a few more AQT's.

5568727878_4cae4b139d_z.jpg

5568728932_08121551cf_z.jpg

Come end of day we had hammered away and pushed many of our shooters to the limit. The smart ones took short times to rest and get expert one on one training with our red hats:

5568730890_e4335a34ed_z.jpg

Final Comments

I want to thank all of our shooters this weekend. It was cold, it was hard, it was a lot to learn in two days. Many of you were newish to this level of instruction and a couple of you even had the challenges of uncertainty and fear. The fact that you stood up, faced it all, worked hard, listened well was the reason that each of you moved from large groups to small. "K"'s mom was a great example moving from 12+ MOA groups to the smallest 2 MOA group I have ever seen at an Appleseed!

You all worked through great physical and mental hardship and did so with determination and smiles. I want to thank each and every one of you and share my hopes that I will see you each again on the trail before long.

Thank you,
    Techres

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    What a great shoot! The shooters really showed their perserverance on a cold, windy line this weekend.
    We had a lot of folks improve their skills to the point of ringing steel at 100 yds. THAT was the moment, as an instructor, you know we have some fine people attend our Appleseeds.

x10

Master
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hoosier Hills was glad to support with the use of the Range. Remember to keep those skills sharp, Check out our Schedule and Shoot with us during match night,

As always thank you for respecting our range, with a super clean up you all are welcome back

Wes Trammell
    HHRP Treasurer
    www.hhrp.org

Persuader

Plinker
    Oct 27, 2011
    I'm very close to there i believe, i'd love to shoot there! i just called, but no answer :/

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm very close to there i believe, i'd love to shoot there! i just called, but no answer :/

:welcome: to :ingo:!

You're a few months too late. This shoot was back in March and was over before this thread started. However, there are shoots in November in Friendship, Evansville, Crawfordsville, and Atlanta and in December in Indianapolis and Noblesville. If you click the RWVA oval in my signature, it will take you to the schedule. :)

BTW, we normally remove one-line posts by new members who look to be padding their post count to go to the Classifieds, so if yours disappears, you'll know why.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom