• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had a great time when I was not melting. It was nice to meet Bigtanker, PaulF, and LoveMyWoods for the first time, and great to see everyone else again.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Great pics Nippr!
    Thanks everyone for the invite, allowing us to join in the fun and experience some awesome firearms!

ps you guys really need a FAQ for battleship.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

-FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $50.03
    Expenses: (64.78)
    Donations: $23.81 (July) + $50 (June Food)
    Post-Event Pot: $59.06

We donated 4 new brooms and 4 large dust pans to the range this month. The other set of brooms/dustpans were donated back in JUL 2013 and are beginning to show their age.

I used someo of the food donation money to cover the range donations and the rest of the food money I have just rolled back into the pot. I won't be taking any of it for the June Youth food I bought. Consider that my donation for the kids. Plus we used that food again this month.

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all the brought food.
    The drinks were a VERY WELCOME thing becuase it was muggy!

I still have burgers and hot dogs so we are set for the rest of the year on that. Plus if lonehooiser ever comes back we have 1 lb of bacon in the deep freezer still that he needs to cook. :)

Chips seem to grow and never shrink it.
    However we did make a dent in them this time around but the majority of them are getting close to their expiration date of end of jul, beginning of aug. **sigh**

We are good on plates, cups, napkins and forks BTW.

PINKDragon made some sugar cookies and :drool: those were good! Not too sweet but just sweet enough to keep going back for more.

A big thank you to BigTanker for the bread. Plus nipprdog brought his famous apple pie. :drool:

We seem to have outgrown the 2 tables for food so for sure we are going with a 3 table setup next time.

We also had fresh sweet corn on the cob on the grill! I heard it was yummy.

---THE RANGE---
    A few new faces this month and lots of guest.
    GG/Dark Kevin brought a family (mom, dad, 2 kids) and a REAL canadian with them. It was a new look for GG to play "mama duck" while the kids followed behind her going to the range. :rofl:

:runaway: the MODS showed up and boy oh boy 2 of 3 can't follow "Da Rulez" :) Why?

Well Da PINKFather did his annual appearance and hosted the rifle compeition. Thanks to BigTanker for bringing for "battleship" targets. The rules were very simple.

1) 10 shots (10 shots needed to sink 4 our of 5 ships)
    2) Shoot all the ships expect the large center one (the 5th ship)

Now what they did NOT know what was that "Da PINKFather" wanted to see who would break the rules? Anyone that actually sunk the center ship (6 shots required) would get the GOLD BLING BLING Patch (rare limited edition INGO patch).

So the targets come back and the scores ranged from 3 to 9 with 2 and only 2 members shooting the center ship. Yup guess who they were. *cough* The Mods! :facepalm:

Thus why you see the PINK Boo Boo Award going to lovemywoods for sinking the 5th ship. He declined the BLING BLING Patch.

1st place went to UziButton for with a score of 9 out of 10 (BLING BLING Patch)
    2nd place went to KLB for a score of 8 out of 10 (White & Grey INGO Patch)

--MY DAY--
    Nothing exciting on the rifle front this month.
    Did Project Appleseed targets and was all over the place but then again my mind was elsewhere since I had to leave after early due to other committments.

Test 1 - 192 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 2 - 180 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 3 - 158 (Marksmen) Lv1
    Test 4 - 188 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 5 - 118 Unqualified
    Test 6 - 170 (Marksmen) Lv1
    Test 7 -170 (Marksmen) Lv1

What a horrible performance but then again I was not staying hyrdrated and how does one keep shooting glasses from foggying up. This is the 2nd month that with this humdity my glasses just fog up real quick. VERY ANNOYING!!

BTW Wild Duece you would have been proud that it only took 9 shoots, 3 groupings of 3 to get my sling back to where it fit me well.

--FINAL COMMENTS--
    Another great turn out not as large as prior years but still good times.
    Always a nice treat to have the MODs come up.
    Hope everyone enjoyed it and see you next month.

ps.
    Thank you INGO for the Pink INGO and PINK INGO Hello Kitty stuff. :drool: LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Looks like I missed quite the event. I was sweating all the same working on my truck lol. Hope all had phone and what was the competition this time?
    Keep up the great pics

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The competition target looked like this one
    IMGP6941.JPG

2 members per target.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some of us mods having aging eyes (and brains), so we don't see well, or comprehend instructions well. lol
    After the targets came back LMW and I realized 'Oops, we weren't supposed to shoot the big row of dots in the center'.

It was pretty damn funny to have the both of us completely ignore the rules though :lmfao:

Thanks again to everyone for having us out, and thanks to Jedi for all you do for the NWI group!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At least the bugs weren't bad. I'll take being muggy instead of being chewed up.

Find any ticks jedi.

:runaway: :runaway:
    Lucky no ticks for me!

Jedi has the fold up chair that someone forgot.

Ah yes I did forget about this.
    Who left behind a blue camping folding type cloth chair?
    Ya know the rules I'll hold it for one more meet & shoot and if the owner does not show up it will be PINKED and tossed into the community fund stuff.
    mmmuuuuhhhhaaaaaaa

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I had a good time. I think this was my second time joining with the NWI group. Had to leave early - got home just in time for the monsoon and hailstorm in Warsaw! Looking forward to joining ow guys again

Top Bottom