• ...and so much more!
  • unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Post 'em up here folks.

The first shoot of the year turned out good. It was my wife's first INGO event. I met some great people and got to shoot some awesome guns. I got some trigger time on sadclown's SCAR (I used some of that evil armor piercing green tip), very soft shooter. I also used BDS JIN's lightweight AR with the EOTECH, it made my plain Jane A2 build feel like a fat prom date. My wife is also making a run for Jedi's pink master status, no one can argue that she had the most pink on the range. Overall, a very good day. It was nice meeting new people and hanging out with everyone.

See you next time!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $138
    Expenses: N/A
    Donations: $25
    Post-Event Pot: $163

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all that brought food.
    We DO NOT NEED any more drinks for the rest of the season!
    I still have the following from last year (sold it all) and will replenish this year

case of coke
    24 cans of pepsi
    24 cans of Mt. Dew
    12 cans of Orange
    17 cans of Root Beer
    12 cans of Sprite
    2 boxes of breakfast bars (ast flavors) [Still have this]

In addition we picked up several more cases of pop and 2 of water as well.
    1775usmarine has those since I will not be going next month. In addition we have at lest 3 bags on unopened chips.

Plus ketchup, relish and mustard. NO MORE MUSTARD PLEASE

---THE RANGE---
    It was cccccccooooooollllldddddd and it never warmed up! :xmad:
    I managed to get there 30 minutes before they opened at 8AM EST and was able to have 10 mins of peace and quiet.
    It was so quiet, no wind, no sound from the birds that all I heard was the dead silence until some redneck parked behind me with his car and blaring music and just messed it all up. :facepalm: 1775usmarine!!!! :)

The 50 yard had all INGO plywood when we finally got into the range. It looked real nice.
    The last time I shot was back in NOV 2014 and 4 months of not shooting really showed. :(

My Project Appleseed targets scores
    AR-15
    Test 1 - 158 (Lv1)
    Test 2 - 182 (Lv2)
    Test 3 - 118 (Unqualified)
    Test 4 - 170 (Lv2)
    Test 5 - 128 (Lv1)

10/22
    Test 6 - 36 (Unqualified) {note 1}
    Test 7 - 124 (Unqualified) {note 1}
    Test 8 - 164 (Lv2)
    Test 9 - 154 (Lv2)

AR-15 (after lunch)
    Test 10 - 218 (Lv3 - Rifleman)
    Test 11 - 168 (Lv2)
    Test 12 - 212 (Lv3 - Rifleman)

Note 1:
    I let the snob borrow my 10/22 for an Project Appleseed event in DEC 2014. He cleaned it and had mentioned to me that the sights had been adjusted. I made a note about it but forgot to read my own notes in my log book. Thus why Test 6 and 7 were so bad! The rifle was shooting real low and I could not figure out why until I read my notes. STUPID ME. :(

After lunch I think I was finally either warm or so numb that the cold did not affect me anymore and I was able to just focus on shooting.

---FINAL COMMENTS--
    A big THANK YOU for the "GlockGirl" who brought those stuffed mushrooms. OMG :drool: they were good!!!
    It might have been cold but it was a good time. I think I scared One Shot cause he was not expecting a Jedi hug. :rofl:
    Acteon was welcoming him (1st time shooter) and how we are not wierdos and I come around and introduce myself and hug him. :rofl: x :rofl:

BTW I know ya won't appreciate it but 1775usmarine brought his wife's gun and the case smelled so gggggoooodddd!
    She had the gun and the case in some drawer with ???? and it made the gun and case smell so good.
    I know, I know lose of another man card. WHATEVER!!!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    BDS JIN's 308 = :drool:. And I am not easily impressed. His rifle was able to put 4 shots through the same hole my first time behind the trigger. Now I have something to shoot for.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    +1 to what sadclown said, nice rifle indeed!
    @jedi: haha, I was at first expecting a handshake/bat pat greeting so I was bit startled when it turned into a full on hug. We'll call it even for your manliness, for the manly grilling of course.
    Was nice meeting you guys, all nice people. I'll definitely be going to the next one!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Glad you had a good time. Just wait as the season goes by the "it's too cold" members even come out and we have a full house.
    Don't forget that in 2 months we also have a Meet & Eat in Porter County as well.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi your ftp access is back...

Really enjoyed being out with the INGO crowd once more..... could have been warmer though...

A special thankyou to Sadclown for living up to his name sake and sadclowning me with another awesome prop for this season of Gunbunnies poster shoots...

Very nice to meet up with the new guys.... See you guys at the next one, and hopefully it will be above 70 degrees...

SWRUG6904hdrcfil.jpg

_DSC6891hdrc.jpg

_DSC6893hdrc.jpg

_DSC6895hdrc.jpg

_DSC6883hdrc.jpg

_DSC6886hdrc.jpg

_DSC6887hdrc.jpg

and look it is a lone SCAR.....

_DSC6888hdrc.jpg

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    BDS JIN's 308 = :drool:. And I am not easily impressed. His rifle was able to put 4 shots through the same hole my first time behind the trigger. Now I have something to shoot for.

Thanks Very much Sadclownwp for your words. you are very welcome to shoot it. let's do some 800-1000 yards at Young's next time. BTW, did you do any upgrade for your SCAR? like trigger group?

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    +1 to what sadclown said, nice rifle indeed!
    @jedi: haha, I was at first expecting a handshake/bat pat greeting so I was bit startled when it turned into a full on hug. We'll call it even for your manliness, for the manly grilling of course.
    Was nice meeting you guys, all nice people. I'll definitely be going to the next one!

I was surprised with your group at 100 with iron sight and 55g 556.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    and thanks everyone who helps me analysis my feeding ramp problems. Everyone from INGO are awesome people, I really had a great time.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BDS JIN, it was a pleasure to meet you. You have a very nice rifle there and I think you will do very well out at Youngs range...

PS: If you ever want to bring that accuracy rig out to a Gunbunnies poster shoot just drop me a pm.. Love to include it in a future poster shot with the girl's.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Had a great time. Some idiot shooting next to me forgot to zip his brass catcher multiple times before he got wise. Jedi doesn't appreciate the sounds of Jimi Hendrix.

My wife had a laugh that Jedi would love the smell of incense flavored guns. She keeps her sccy which I got to send the first rounds out of in the drawer with her PX4 which happens to also hold the incense she likes to light when she is working on making things for her business.

Jedi did manage to redeem himself a little in my book when he made a donation to the youth shoot t shirts to help us reach our initial goal of 24 shirts.

I had another squib in my 45 but luckily gunbunnies had a punch and hammer and all was well the next 32 rounds. Will have to bring my digital scale next time to weight them and make sure all is good. We all came to the conclusion I had some under charged rounds mixed in when my thrower started to throw clumps of powder instead of a nice smooth flow.

Did anyone else notice the two thugs who walked to the 25, 50, 200, and 100 looking to fire a tech 9 or some other type of gang banger firearm? On the way from the 25 saw one of the thugs was waist-banding some pistol. I guess they couldn't shoot all gangster style or possible illegal full auto and decided to leave. I swore I saw the thug pulling mags everywhere out of his clothes as i drove by and stared them down.

Top Bottom