• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    he,he,he...

I finally get to beat KLB in opening the aar since he is driving me right now back home.
    ahhh the beauty of 4G and a smart phone.
    well boys post your aars.

:whistle:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Smallest event ever? But a nice event, lots more talking, socializing, learning and lots less shooting. At least for me. It was interesting to watch W.D. teach his friend. We all teach newbies from a different perspective and W.D. is very low key and clear with his instructions but clearly teaches from a tactical/competitive bias. It was nice to see GeronimoJoe freed from the oppressive shackles of marriage by his new bride, wonder how much trouble the newlywed is in this afternoon.

Had an odd malfunction with my Detonics 1911 MTX prototype, hammer was back, pulled the trigger, hammer falls, firing pin didn't strike the primer. Happened in W.D.'s friend first. I was behind him and took the gun, cleared it, had the gun malfunction the same way again. Cleared it again, it fired and functioned normally after that point. I'm thinking a firing pin safety may have been gunked up and failed to release??? The gun was dirty, had it out on 2 very recent prior shooting sessions at my home range and figured that it might just need to be cleaned.

Put a box of 45ACP Blazer aluminum through my Smith & Wesson 625 Revolver and was pretty happy with the grouping. Always enjoy shooting that gun. Didn't shoot anyone else's guns today, they were offered but generally I look at the MEET & SHOOTS as social gatherings rather than shooting events.

Last edited:

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    As usual, an awesome time! Much needed getaway from the usual rigors of life. It was nice, for a change, to be able to put things on the back burner. Finally got my Desert Eagle back!!!! Lots of fun shooting it. Only jammed once this time. AAAhhh, the deals you find on gunbroker...

Mighty little SOB...so much fun. So much more fun that the .500sw.

I'm sure I will catch some **** when I say this, but there are only a few things in life that are better than sex, and I think I may have found one...Oh how much I love my .50AE!!!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Smallest event ever? But a nice event, lots more talking, socializing, learning and lots less shooting...

Put a box of 45ACP Blazer aluminum through my Smith & Wesson 625 Revolver and was pretty happy with the grouping. Always enjoy shooting that gun. Didn't shoot anyone else's guns today, they were offered but generally I look at the MEET & SHOOTS as social gatherings rather than shooting events.

I also view it as a social event. To busy really to sight in a gun, or drill. But they are fun. I wish I were there. Hopefully the doc will have good news for me, and I'll make the Oct. event.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

-FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $206
    Expenses: NONE :(
    Donations: $20 (from guest of INGO member :whistle:)
    Post-Event Pot: $226

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all that brought food this time around.
    This is what our inventory looks like AUG

box of individual bags of chips (not opened)
    1 jar of salsa (not opened)
    2 ketchups (not opened)
    3 mustards (not opened)
    1 relish (not opened)
    2 boxes of hot coco coco mix, 20 servings (not opened)
    2 packs of bacon
    1 BBQ bottles (not opened)
    1 case of water
    1 case of pepsi

2 mustards open
    1 ketchup open
    1 relish open

A HUGE bag of plates (500 ijrc)! :wow:

---THE RANGE---
    This is the lowest turn out so far this year and the lowest since I think season 1.
    However it was nice and relaxing with not a lot of noise going on as most of us where preparing for Appleseed later this month so sighting in the 10/22s, working on the positions, mag changes, etc.

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    No comp was held this time around. After eating lunch most of us just continued with the appleseed stuff. :)

--DNR WINAMAC TALK--
    NONE

--MY DAY--
    Unlike the rest of the season I did not drive at the crack of dawn nor did I get there when they first opened. I drove to KLB's and he is the one that drove this time as I was packing real light. Truth be told I woke up this morning not really wanting to go due to the dead of Rolly. My heart and mind just were not into shooting. But I figured some fresh clean air and some slow .22lr shooting might help.

Blew off some steam with my .30 carbine attempting to do some rapid fire shooting.
    Not really aiming at anything but just burning ammo.
    48 rounds later that fun was over. :n00b:

Next devoted the rest of my day to the appleseed targets and my scores were as follows using my 10/22:
    Test 1 - 178 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 2 - 166 (Marksmen) Lv1
    Test 3 - 188 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 4 - 176 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 5 - 164 (Marksmen) Lv1
    Test 6 - 206 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 7 - 192 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 8 - 166 (Marksmen) Lv1
    Test 9 - 130 unqualified :crying:
    --Lunch Time--
    Test 10 - 176 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 11 - 206 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 12 - 216 (Expert 'Rifleman') Lv3 :rockwoot:

Test 1 - 3 I was using some old ammo that my uncle gave me. My 10/22 did not like it causing hangups, failure to feed, etc. Traded the last 50 rds to KLB who had a bolt .22lr that did better with it. The federal bulk packs I use for the rest.
    If I slow down and focus I CAN reach level 3 but the biggest issue I have is to slow down and control my breathing.

What gets me :xmad: is for test 1-11 I was using this type of position for the standing level.
    5asaaaa+Day+Pistol-Carbine+Photos+pdf.jpg

and making an effort to lean into the rifle, push the rifle into my body and doing double taps when shooting.
    This got me some real good results when I focused on pushing the rifle into my body and being aggressive with it.
    I was scoring 4 hits on the 5 region inside the V area and the 5th one either in the 5 or 4 point area.
    Surprised myself as well but I suspect it had a bit to do with me being 'angry/sad/emotional wreck' over Rolly and letting that aggression out on the rifle and the target. Yes you can do wonderful things when you give into the dark side and use your anger. :whistle:

In any case ingo member :whsitle: told me I should be using this stance for appleseed
    2lm1nhw.jpg

:facepalm: This position is a bit weird and strange but you do get much better stable image when doing single shots while standing. Not sure I really like it as it's a more 'relaxed' position mentally but we will see.
    WOULD HAVE HELPED HAD I KNOW ABOUT THIS POSITION FROM THE START!!!:xmad:

No matter I think I'm ready for Appleseed now.

Oh I also got to shoot my 1911 and GB's Ruger 10/22 bolt. Why a bolt 10/22 I will never know that is just way to slow. :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW thanks to melensdad for cooking the dogs.
    Also EvilBlackRifle those nutty donut holes were :drool:
    KLB :drool: x 100000 for the RC!
    I think it was "the THUG" Eric that brought the coffee roll thingy not sure but that was good as well.

I know Joe and Eric (newlyweds) are gonna get it when they get home. :rofl:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    No money(thanks Botach, you morons) = little ammo = not much shooting. I only shot probably ~10 of .45, ~30 of .22, ~20 of .308 and ~40 of 12 ga buckshot.

Jedi: Sorry about your dog. :(

I lost my cat I called Bubba 2 years ago as of the 11th and I just haven't been the same since.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Be sure to have some next time. It's gonna look a little different and I have a feeling you're really gonna want to shoot it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Well it's overkill for 25 yards, but I do plan to take it a bit further than that once it's set up how I want.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I enjoyed the M&S even with as small of a turn out that we got...

Melensdad's 6.5 Grendel has made me think I need one of those... Nice rifle and caliber for the AR platform...

I brought out a new Ruger American Rimfire in 22 using the 1022 magazines and I was very impressed with the little rifle. It shot straight and functioned well feeding from the 1022 magazines... Tested a assortment of 22LR type ammo... I think Ruger did a wonderful job on this little rifle, and at 299.00 out the door retail pricing I think they may have put themselves in the bolt action 22LR business...

Jedi, we don't all shoot at 25 yards normally.... thats why we use scopes.... try those sights at 700 yards sometime...

Erick hope you enjoyed the artwork...

Till the next one...

Top Bottom