• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just got home from my first Known Distance shoot and my third Appleseed, wow what a rush shooting at 400 and even 500 yards! It was good too see some old faces, Mudcat, Ironjaw, Red baron, several more as well as meet some new friends like Ben, Ben, even Ben and Adam too! Seriously there were for Bens today...

I think I shocked Rayne a little...

There was a brand new Rifleman from the first AQT and Ironjaw scored a 32 on the last one! Congratulations all around. A few of us had some rifle issues, especially the guys in the .30 cal club. A Garand broke a firing pin and I broke an extractor.

Shooting groups at over a quarter mile was pretty sweet.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I think I shocked Rayne a little....

Yes, you most certainly did. You were not what I expected at all. It was very nice to meet the real you and not the Internet you. :)

It was impressive to see you and a couple other guys put bullet holes so close together that one sighter disc covered them both at five hundred yards. Very nice shooting.

What you failed to mention was that you had a great AQT score going before your extractor broke. I believe you had only missed two or three shots out of the thirty or so you got off, before your rifle refused to finish the AQT.

Hope to see you come back and bring others with you too.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Nice to see you again Ben! You had a 10 on stage 1 a 9 on stage 2 and a 9 on stage 3 you needed 4 hits on stage 4 to score a KD Rifleman and your rifle decided it was done for the day. Regardless you had some great groups and it is really coolt to see when a god shooter makes a call and adjusts and the entire group moves the proper amount. Good shooting!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry I missed it. I'm itching to make it up & try the one in August. Looking forward to pics and the AAR on the rwva forum!

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yes, you most certainly did. You were not what I expected at all. It was very nice to meet the real you and not the Internet you. :)

It was impressive to see you and a couple other guys put bullet holes so close together that one sighter disc covered them both at five hundred yards. Very nice shooting.

What you failed to mention was that you had a great AQT score going before your extractor broke. I believe you had only missed two or three shots out of the thirty or so you got off, before your rifle refused to finish the AQT.

Hope to see you come back and bring others with you too.

Thanks! I talked to Mudcat about starting my journey to being an instructor so you will probably be seeing even more of me lol.

Nice to see you again Ben! You had a 10 on stage 1 a 9 on stage 2 and a 9 on stage 3 you needed 4 hits on stage 4 to score a KD Rifleman and your rifle decided it was done for the day. Regardless you had some great groups and it is really coolt to see when a god shooter makes a call and adjusts and the entire group moves the proper amount. Good shooting!

I had a little help on making that elevation call... That last string was off before my extractor let go because I adjusted my scope TWICE so i was three MOA high at 400. Part of getting that KD Rifleman is getting your sights right lol.

I can honestly say I didn't ever make the same mistake twice so next time it is in the bag!

Rayne 14,000 posts, really? Holy cow do you live on here or what?:scratch:

:laugh:

Exodus

Expert
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    What a weekend. Always a good time meeting other like minded people.

I can't wait to get back out and see my improvement with practice. I was definitely getting frustrated with myself during the first AQT. Big thanks to Mudcat and Rayne for the extra attention. I sat down today and looked at all the targets while thinking back and am pretty sure I know what things I need to focus on.

Who knows when the next time I'll get to do another one though. I had to take vacation to come to this one.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I used to until Appleseed took over my life! Now it's study, study, study. Keep laughing Frosty, you'll see what I mean soon. :)

That's not entirely true ... more like study, study, study, yell at TJ, study, study, study, yell at Uncle Davey ... rinse and repeat ... play your cards right Frost and you'll be yelled at also (it's not so bad as long as Rayne shares her peanut butter fluff topped brownies ... yummmmmy).

Gonna miss seeding & INGO for the next month or so (heading out west to hike the Sangre de Christo mountains at Philmont Scout Ranch), but I'll be back to get my dose of abuse soon enough.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    That's not entirely true ... more like study, study, study, yell at TJ, study, study, study, yell at Uncle Davey ... rinse and repeat ... play your cards right Frost and you'll be yelled at also (it's not so bad as long as Rayne shares her peanut butter fluff topped brownies ... yummmmmy).

:p Don't worry Frosty has tasted the wrath of Rayne when he blew through one of my ceasefires. He was shooting some gawdawful loud rifle and said he didn't hear it but I didn't believe him since UL was standing right beside him.

Being that I'm one handed right now I didn't bake for this AS. There was some disappointment amongst the instructors.

Top Bottom