• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Turned out to be a great event. I think (or hope) everyone had a great time. Weather cooperated for the full event other than being a little muggy I don't think we could have been any more fortunate. Turned out to be quite the assortment of "gas" guns. A number of AR style rifles made were used in 223 and 308 and some very nice ones I might add!. Myself an member MRockwell were the only ones sporting the bolt guns although out gunned I think we did well. Everyone shot very well today we found ourselves running a bit short on time toward the end of the day from all the gun conversation but it was well worth the effort! Hopefully everyone that attended will chime in on their thoughts, as I had a great time an glad for the turn out. The day went by very quick! Cant wait to do it again....

There was a nice array of toys on hand for todays shoot :ar15:
    1_zpstk8ln1de.jpg

Here is NyleRN & Mammynun putting in a little work with their ARs.

4_zpstblwm8mq.jpg

Here is gregkl &b MRockwell getting it done. Nice shooting fellas!

2_zpssxhwrz69.jpg

Here is wsenefeld looking very serious behind his rifle, Nice shooting buddy I was pulling for ya that last group :):
    5_zpsdzeiannx.jpg

I think Mammynun has some more in action shots an maybe a vid or two to post up hopefully when he has a bit of time. But all in all it was great time, meet a bunch of great like minded guys an got to do our favorite pastime I don't think we could have asked for a better day. Although I will say I don't think wsenefeld & mammynun are going to be to high on my wife's favorite list when she finds out I'm gonna have to get a couple suppressors ;). Thanks to all you guys for making the trip out would be my pleasure to have any of you guys out anytime!

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It was a great event. We didn't stick around long enough to tally our scores but what a great bunch of guys! My wife and some family members get a kick out of me doing this. The conversation usually goes like this:

Family/friend(FF): "You know these guys you are going to go shoot with?"
    Me: "Never met them but I know them from an online gun forum".
    FF: "Really? How do you do that? So you are just going to show up at some stranger's house with a bunch of guys you never met, all carrying guns and shoot?"
    Me: "yup, pretty much."
    FF: "Wow, I could never do that.":)

Thanks again sgreen3 for putting this on. I look forward to meeting up with you again and also the rest of you guys. We had a good group today.

Oh BTW, I think that is me in the third pic on the right bench, but I am okay remaining totally anonymous. Shoot today? In Scottsburg? Nah, I wasn't there.:)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My dad and I had a great time and want to thank you for hosting the event. Great group of guys that showed up and hope we can make it back out to do it all over again. Was nice meeting everybody that I've seen on the forum for so long but never been able to put a face to.

For shooting factory ammo, I was very pleased with my .308 AR's performance. Consistently in the 1.0-1.1 moa range except for that one group with a flyer that opened up to 1.7 moa. I should have enough brass to justify reloading now so I'll probably start with the 168 SMKs for the close work and 175 TMKs for the stuff that's a little further out. Maybe next time I'll be able to get sub-moa without blowing primers (Hornady Superformance, I hate you).

After seeing your 1/3 moa group, I'm seriously considering a bolt gun but it'll have to wait a while. That Savage FCP-SR is sooo tempting.

Glad that Mammynun got his gas tuned right, I was worried he'd have to fight those FTEs all day, haha. Thank you again for the brass!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My dad and I had a great time and want to thank you for hosting the event. Great group of guys that showed up and hope we can make it back out to do it all over again. Was nice meeting everybody that I've seen on the forum for so long but never been able to put a face to.

For shooting factory ammo, I was very pleased with my .308 AR's performance. Consistently in the 1.0-1.1 moa range except for that one group with a flyer that opened up to 1.7 moa. I should have enough brass to justify reloading now so I'll probably start with the 168 SMKs for the close work and 175 TMKs for the stuff that's a little further out. Maybe next time I'll be able to get sub-moa without blowing primers (Hornady Superformance, I hate you).

After seeing your 1/3 moa group, I'm seriously considering a bolt gun but it'll have to wait a while. That Savage FCP-SR is sooo tempting.

Glad that Mammynun got his gas tuned right, I was worried he'd have to fight those FTEs all day, haha. Thank you again for the brass!

I hear that, for shooting factory box ammo that's pretty dang good really! Yes I agree, there are a bunch of nice models that Savage offers to get you into a nice bolt gun. I was hoping to at least convert one of guys ;) ha ha ha

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It was a great event. We didn't stick around long enough to tally our scores but what a great bunch of guys! My wife and some family members get a kick out of me doing this. The conversation usually goes like this:

Family/friend(FF): "You know these guys you are going to go shoot with?"
    Me: "Never met them but I know them from an online gun forum".
    FF: "Really? How do you do that? So you are just going to show up at some stranger's house with a bunch of guys you never met, all carrying guns and shoot?"
    Me: "yup, pretty much."
    FF: "Wow, I could never do that.":)

Thanks again sgreen3 for putting this on. I look forward to meeting up with you again and also the rest of you guys. We had a good group today.

Oh BTW, I think that is me in the third pic on the right bench, but I am okay remaining totally anonymous. Shoot today? In Scottsburg? Nah, I wasn't there.:)

Oh ha ha sorry about that, and yes hope your able to come back out for the next one!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Sgreen3 has done a LOT of work to create a range in his backyard, and he's on his way to being Lovemywoods South... he even has a tractor to schlep gear to the firing line! Thanks for having us; I think we all had a good time and everyone was on paper and tightening their groups as the day progressed. I learned that the Trijicon TA11 doesn't suck, and Vortex probably sold a few more scopes.

As usual, I spent more time talking and shooting than taking pictures.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Yeah, I'm think I'm just going to leave the gas block set for unsuppressed and accept the slightly sharper recoil when I put the can on the gun. The biggest difference is that I'll get more gas in my face, but at least the gun will run without fiddling with it. :D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for taking the extra pics and the kind words mammynun, but yes I plan to start planning on the next shoot. I had a blast at this one! Be glad to have you back anytime!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is there a way to get a couple of these pics? I tried the save image but it didn't work.

Thanks Glenn for getting the pics!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Is there a way to get a couple of these pics? I tried the save image but it didn't work.

Thanks Glenn for getting the pics!

If you click on my pics, it takes you to my photobucket page where you can save them. you should be able to right click the image here and select "save image as..."

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Sorry I could not make it but hope to make the next one. Great looking benches but was there one there for a lefty? For some reason I shot a rifle better left handed. Really hope I make the next one!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I hope to have some more practice time and my go to round for the next one! Again thank you for hosting. Awesome group a guys and location. It's really nice to put faces with all of these screen names.

Top Bottom