• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Did he let you police your brass after the range work? Reloaders need to keep their brass stocks up ya know!

Not only was there not time or opportunity to do so, but it would've been nearly impossible with all the old rusty casings and hulls on the ground.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Great AAR! I have to admit, it makes me want to seek training there...

I'd like to know more about their method of reloads and malfunction checks.

Did you purchase a new M&P or were you using a loaner?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Well done, Evan and Que! Good AAR.

As one who has watched several of the Yeager YouTube vids that you've posted here on INGO, he has always left a bad taste. Let's just say that he's not the kind of guy with whom I would naturally bond in friendship. While I'm sure that we would agree on a lot of political stuff, his demeanor would irritate more than edify.

THAT SAID ...

I also know that sometimes people's online persona can be very different from who they are in person, and your AAR lends some credence to that. Since I would be looking to learn from him and not become BFFs, I think I could overlook any personal issues that might cloud my experience.

It's refreshing to see from your AAR that most of the topics and exercises that you covered I have already done locally. That reflects well on the instruction that I'm receiving at Kodiak Firing Range, as well as on Yeager and his school. From your description of the class, I think I could go there and not feel like I was behind the power curve too much.

Thanks again for a great AAR, Evan. I'm looking forward to watching Que's contributions. You two make a lovely couple. :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Great AAR! While I would probably take the class if my tuition was comped (FREE is the right price for just about anything!), I would not pony up my own $$ to go train there. Too many other opportunities, closer, without all the drama and controversy.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Great AAR! While I would probably take the class if my tuition was comped (FREE is the right price for just about anything!), I would not pony up my own $$ to go train there. Too many other opportunities, closer, without all the drama and controversy.

They'll be in Terre Haute in June ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will gladly take a free handout. Just sayin. :)

Ill be attending a class this year. This AAR just strengthens my respect for Yeager and all he stands for and what he has built to better gun owners and develope the warrior mindset. It's a lot of money for me to spend on anything but you get what you pay for and you can't put a price on your life or someone else's you love or an innocent person you dot know.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I am jealous of a lot of the training I see on here, there's not much going on down here. Hard to find time to drive up to Indy very often, and even harder to get there without the family. I would love to train with Travis Haley, Chris Costa, Yeager, Mindset labratory, any of them really. Have fun and be safe all who are taking advantage of all this great training.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Did you purchase a new M&P or were you using a loaner?

Loaner from my good buddy OneBadV8. :yesway:

I also know that sometimes people's online persona can be very different from who they are in person, and your AAR lends some credence to that. Since I would be looking to learn from him and not become BFFs, I think I could overlook any personal issues that might cloud my experience.

I would NOT say that Yeager is different than his online persona. He's actually exactly like his online persona.

But I will say that now that I know him better and know more about him, the less I'm 'bothered' by his cussing or ranting. I see a bigger picture now, and I realize that what we see on YouTube is only a small part of his overall personality.

For example-- I thought his "dueling" offer was silly and childish. After talking with him about the tradition of dueling in the South and the honor code I realize why it's important to him. Not my thing, but I now have a better understanding of the issue. (you'll hear more about this with Que's interview).

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hey Que, quit goofing off in the mod cave counting your mod salary and give us the goods please :)

He's got a special surprise in store that will take a bit longer than expected. But the result should be a very nice video interview. :yesway:

Top Bottom