• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got home from the shoot and I think a good time was had by all :rockwoot:

What is not to love about 20,000 rounds of 22lr, a bunch of smiling kids, and the rain holding off until the last 5 minutes of the event. I had a teen age girl do some rapid fire on the metal reactive targets and knock down all the steel plates the first attempt. She scared me. The tiny girl who sat on her mom's lap while Clif and I manipulated a little pink Cricket was fun too.

Seeing ANDY219 again was probably the best part of the day with his hand cannons, the little kids loved those.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    LOL....kids and hand cannons is just a funny statement.

Had a great time, Probably had at least 10 kids and a mom come through my bench....then a few straglers later in the event.

Still had over 1000 rnds of .22 sitting at my bench when all were done.

Great time....good seeing everyone!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I still cant feel my thumbs and pointer fingers after loading all of those ten round magazines. Id say I loaded around 900-1000 rounds. Had a lot of people run thorough. Had one kid that was a great shot. Kid was hitting targets better than I could. Had a few that kep coming back but other than that it was a good day.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My two boys, wife, and I all had a great time! It was really great to see the kids have so much fun, especially with something I love to do.

The wife wants an AR.:rockwoot:

The kids want a crossbow.:rockwoot:

Thanks to everyone who worked at this event, both on the firing line and behind the scenes. I know we enjoyed it, but I also had a neighbor, his wife and kids, and my step-sister and her son; they all had a ball (and the neighbor wants to join INGO).

You guys all rock! :rockwoot::ar15::rockwoot:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What a great event. It was very cool to see all those kids with big smiles on their faces. I've been trying to convince my sister and BIL to let me take my nephew shooting for a while and they were always too nervous. But with this being specificaly geared towards kids it helped me finally get them to allow it.

I can't say thanks enough to everyone who helped organize this event and all those who donated food, guns, ammo and who volunteered the better part of a saturday to teach all these kids a thing or two about shooting.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah I had a few that pestered me coming back over and over. But I think the 5 rounds at a time eventually wore them out. As far as round count on centerfire, I couldn't tell you. It was at least 4-500 of both .223 and 7.62x39.

I just loved to watch the kids plop the first round out of repeter's scar, turn to me and say, "that ain't that bad." I only had one that was a "one and done" and to be fair he was probably the youngest kid there, so I had mom finish his mag.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    It was certainly a great day. I had the privledge of seeing an entire family enjoy a shooting event togather. Not only that but all 4 of them grouped 10 shots in an 8in circle or less at 25yrds with iron sights. I also got share a passion I have had since I was a kid with many children today. It was a darn good day.

Also MAC great write up on the event.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The kids sure looked like that had a good time. Used up about 950 rounds of ammo. Was down to a 100 rounds of hollow-points, and they would not feed in my Savage rifle. Fortunately, the DNR had given me 200 rounds of round nose .22 ammo. I used up all of that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I still cant feel my thumbs and pointer fingers after loading all of those ten round magazines. Id say I loaded around 900-1000 rounds. Had a lot of people run thorough. Had one kid that was a great shot. Kid was hitting targets better than I could. Had a few that kep coming back but other than that it was a good day.

That's why I made all the anklebiters load their own :)

Yes it was, although I look kind of fat standing at that grill. :D

You should come out to some of our other Meets.

You look like that all the time. :)

Big thanks to all the other volunteers. I know I had fun. Maybe I need to do that for a living.

Thanks to KLB and others for helping me load the truck.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This was a great event. I heard we had somewhere around 87 people come out. I'm not sure how many INGO volunteers there were, but it was a pretty large number.

Thanks to all of those that donated ammunition. The kids were obviously having a great time.

I look forward to the rest of the pictures. I saw a few people running around with cameras out today. :):

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The skeet line started out slow, but then picked up to be pretty steady most of the morning. Everyone seemed to enjoy shooting, even the ones that didn't manage to hit anything. I do believe that one or two young ladies will be wanting to try it again after hitting a moving target the first day they have ever tried shooting skeet.
    Mr. Obnoxious is an awesome coach who obviously knows what he is doing, as he was willing to demonstrate (again and again) throughout the day.
    Jedi even manage to hit a few after he learned that "spray and pray" didn't work as well here as it does on the streets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The skeet line started out slow, but then picked up to be pretty steady most of the morning. Everyone seemed to enjoy shooting, even the ones that didn't manage to hit anything. . .
    We were standing by the grills watching and I think if you had a net or a mattress down there for the clays to land on you could have reused most of the clays you launched :laugh: :n00b: :laugh:

I've got it, I'll bring it on Thursday.
    Thanks Joe!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom