• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    The blond in the chair was with me.;) She and I had a good time, but had to leave a little early. Met some great people and we both will be back out in July? for the next one. June is just way too busy for us right now, so the next one for sure.

Eric hang onto the .308 and I will bring my FAL.

Gunbunnies sorry I had to leave , but at least your gal there got to shoot the krink a few times before we left. I will be sure to bring it back with me for the next shoot and it is available if needed for one of your photo shoots, just let me know.

Andre - I'm not selling the Krink!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Had a flashback with joe yelling in my ear to "shift fire" Sorry I had to leave early, my back was killing me.
    What I haven't figured out is how I missed the .50?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My tasco binoculars. and my daughter beat me in the pistol comp this time.

Well that is one down then & only 2 more to go.
    Who was using .40 and left a box behind. What brand was it?
    Who left some reading glasses behind as well?

Also forgot that you had gotten to shoot the M1 Garand as well. It was good to see you getting some range time as the last couple times you had been running around too much to get time in for yourself.

:facepalm: oh yes the "plink" sounding gun! Can't believe how heavy that was and well little to no recoil for such a big round. Can't imagine how the boys in WWII hauled that thing around all over the place. :dunno:

Any idea on the total count of people that showed up?

I would guess 30 - 40

Very close KLB. 37 (INGO + family + friends) + 4 (general public)

they have trap there? i did not know that! do you have to bring your own throwers and stuff? we haven't been shooting much recently, especially shotgun. Been busy, poor, etc.!

Yup to the right of the 25 yard range is the trap range. They have their own parking lot or you can just walk on over. You have to bring your own clays and throwers (INGO members bring both) and blast away! :ar15:

What I haven't figured out is how I missed the .50?

I think Black Label got to the shoot after you left. He was running late and thus why you probably did not see the .50 cal.

valpo hawkeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone at the event. I was a guest of lonehoosier. You're a great group of shooters and I hope to see you again.

BTW, I'm the one in the Cubs hat grinning like a kid after shooting the .50. And yes, I'm also the one giggling after lonehoosier shot, as well. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone at the event. I was a guest of lonehoosier. You're a great group of shooters and I hope to see you again.

BTW, I'm the one in the Cubs hat grinning like a kid after shooting the .50. And yes, I'm also the one giggling after lonehoosier shot, as well. :D

Welcome to INGO, and glad that you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sajer, I appreciated you letting Veronica shoot that little jewel... I will look fwd to shooting it next time your out. I have one sitting in parts currently and am getting ready to submit the paperwork to allow me to order a receiver and do it right... You will just be adding gasoline to the fire for me to do that...

If you guys are bringing 308 out next time, I might have to drop the FAL and another belt fed in the back of the vehicle for you guys to play with... but your gonna half to bring some 308 to feed her, cause that stuffs expensive...

I had a blast, but expected to do so as these Events that Jedi organizes are awesome... Veronica said she had a great time and will definitely be back, plus she said she would have to get together with some of the other Gunbunnies models and go on and on about you guys...

Goober, that wasn't funny.... even though you guys were laughing... She now knows not to take your word on recoil... She did say though it was not bad enough not to ever do it again.... Something about wanting to shoot pumpkins with both barrels too... Anyways...

Mrs. Ghost, I want to thankyou for pointing out to me that my Dan Wesson model 15 had a faulty trigger return spring in it, who would of thought...

GOW, you sure those were 38's my hands still hurt, but so do my feet and the nice burn I have all over my face and arms...

BillB, we need to get you an American classic to do some shift fire action with maybe next time... bring 308...

Cliff, Thankyou for erasing that backstop down there, the Saiga had a smile all night last night, it was making some joyous Russian music all night long, I think it wanted to go home with you... and now that Veronica has seen what the Saiga can do, she wants to pick up a couple cases of 12 gauge and join you on the firing line...

Jedi, You can't make everyone happy... The guy that was complaining apparently knew about us showing up there at the range as he frequents this forum, and still showed up unprepared with hearing protection to a firing range. Again you can't make everyone happy... You did a fine job of accommodating all that were there...

Shootingdave, Veronica said thankyou for picking up two of her posters... She says she is just one step closer to picking up another rifle because of you...

Another awesome shoot, looking forward to the next one....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Somebody told me that he slept with those 50 caliber shells and when he woke up he still had that same smile on his face. :D
    7a77b760.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Jedi. Was that .40 Herter's brass? I haven't looked in my box since I got home.

Did anybody happen to see my target from the rifle comp? I had to leave before it was over.

Highlights:
    I got whacked in the forehead with a Garand clip
    I forgot I wasn't wearing gloves and singed my hand a bit on my WASR.
    Someone was shooting my M44 and some people apparently forgot we were at a gun range. lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi. Was that .40 Herter's brass? I haven't looked in my box since I got home.

NOPE!

Highlights:
    I got whacked in the forehead with a Garand clip
    Well that's cause you are from SJ. :)

Someone was shooting my M44 and some people apparently forgot we were at a gun range. lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You should of seen the amount of hands to ears that the people did when that little baby went off.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I hate it when I got to fish out my plugs with a pair of hemostats... but sometimes the rush of the round going off is well worth the surgical procedure afterwords..

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It was another great meet and shoot. Thanks to ladyghost for taking over my grilling duties I was able to entertain my guests. My friend Eric and my father in law had a great time. My wife can't wait to do it again. She is already talking about the next one so I hope to have that day off. My wife loves her INGO bacon patch. I am so jealous of it and she won't give it up. I have to get her a INGO hat to put it on. *Thanks to Jedi for a great event. Don't worry Jedi I will get back to the kitchen where I belong for the next event.*

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Might be my .40s. I didn't take inventory when I went there, just threw stuff in the truck. But I seem to remember only shooting around 10 or 20 rounds.
    Red, or Red/Green box.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

So it was 3steps that put up those kiddie paper plate targets. hum.. i wonder about him. :laugh: no matter his burger toppings are good! :yesway:

Bill B you look good behind that thing! We just need to mount it on the passenger side of a car now. :laugh:

this is the girl who beat mrobnoxious1 :whistle:

Don't worry Jedi I will get back to the kitchen where I belong for the next event.*

well like duh! Mrs lone don't need your help for the next one! :D

@gow
    can you ask ladyghost what setting she had the grills on?
    we went thru 1/2 can of propane for my grill; 1 of melensdad's blue can and 1 for lones. We typically go thru 1/4 per shoot. However that is during cool months. Not sure what the propane consumption is when it's hot like now. I know that one of the grills got too hot and thus tunred off and we had to restart it. Just trying to figure out for planning/budget purposes.

@girls & you can PM if needed
    Was the pink bag used?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom