• Status
    Not open for further replies.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Good times had by all, profits made, trades occoplished, Mandy's Burgers ate, Easy Bake Oven cookies consumed, and the World's Problems Solved over Camp fire and adult beverages.... 12hrs of good fun (thats 12.... not 11, not 10, not 9 :D )

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Had a good time, nice to meet people:patriot: with the same debilitating :hooked:

Maybe next time I can :draw: a :alcoholic:store before the swap meet, so I can :spend:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Oh and Andrew, I did use the 'porter-potty' one last time before I left. Should bring your cost down some.:twocents

Awesome. That makes it $4.75 per use. :D

12hrs of good fun (thats 12.... not 11, not 10, not 9 :D )

Matt - Thank your wife for her contributions as well. Not one time... not two times... not three times...

Maybe next time I can :draw: a :alcoholic:store before the swap meet, so I can :spend:

Nothing better than enjoying camaraderie and a few adult beverages while being safe and trading out some gun stuff. +1.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    On a related note, BillyBob snagged all my goods, but fellas I may have another Henry in the same price range...Swap meet attendees get first crack at it.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Pictures from the 9/17/2011 Swap Meet

You couldn’t have described more perfect weather for a day spent outside with fellow reloaders and firearms enthusiasts. Reloading has been rapidly growing within the gun community in Indiana and this event was a wonderful way to help reloaders connect with one another.

Participants checked in at the tent. Pudly was checking people in.
    2qx72as.jpg

Our hosts, Profire Arms (INGO Advertiser Aszerigan) and redneckmedic provided tables and space behind RNM’s home.
    2r3cv0h.jpg

Profire Arms had their tent and wares set right next to the food area! Good planning! The hamburgers on the grill were very good.
    jzialt.jpg

Billybob44 and pinshooter45 were in the corner. Pinshooter45 brought some samples of his portable shooting bench and sturdy reloading benches. I believe that is Yukon227 with his daughter at the tent.
    zy677k.jpg

Here are three gentlemen discussing their mutual hobby. Tgunter is in the middle (Sorry, I didn’t get names of the other two fellows.)
    2u3v11h.jpg

Bobcat Steel (ZbornacSVT and Noisy Cricket) lugged their great AR500 steel products to the Swap Meet. IndyGunworks and his better half found some shade during lunch.
    1z2q9mg.jpg

INGO moderator Que was feeding his firearm addiction. Shortly after picking up a new .22 pistol, he was seen fondling a Henry .22 lever action rifle.
    2iktyja.jpg

I had an enjoyable time, picked up some powder, bought some 9mm bullets, a steel bowling pin, a die set, and some trauma kit items. I even sold a couple things to make me believe that I’m really not spending too much on my hobby!

A big THANK YOU to Aszerigan for organizing this first-of-its-kind event and to redneckmedic for allowing us to use his property. :yesway:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A wonderful afternoon, meeting some new people, and seeing some that I
    hadn't seen for a while.... Had a GREAT time !!!!! Thank you, RNM, for the "use" of your property... Thanks to all who put this together....

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I had a good day as well. All in all, sold some stuff, bought some other stuff, and somehow came out with a net $6 profit. That was only because I wasn't able to snag that Henry lever action rifle.

But I also forgot one important thing. I made up my mind to pick up one of the rim fire walkers from Bobcat Steel before I left, but forgot. :crying:

Now I have to figure out how to get one before the end of this month when my brother comes to visit.

Awesome day. Thanks to Andrew and Matthew for organizing and hosting. I'll come to future ones just to hang out and learn about guns and scopes.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Here are three gentlemen discussing their mutual hobby. Tgunter is in the middle (Sorry, I didn’t get names of the other two fellows.)
    2u3v11h.jpg

That's SSGSAD on the left, and Pinshooter45 on the right. I think. :)

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I really wanted to make it for the reloading demo, unfortunately got stuck out of the state.

I'll try my dangest to be at one of em in the future.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have to say, it doesn't matter what event I've been too, how many folks are there, or how long it last, the fellowship is always incredible! I've been to MCFG FNS, Classes from T&T, Meet & Greets, Show and Tells. FTF exchanges, 1500 pre-gatherings, booth conversations, and its all the same, the event isn't just what the thread title says, it always turns out to be so much more, and this Swap Meet/Greet & Meet isn't any different.

Break Down:

There were about 1/2 Dozen vendors at the event that stayed almost all day (long past 5pm). Each vendor was well represented by their unique products and well received by the attendees. AFAIK it was a successful day for each of the businesses.

Vendors:
    Bobcat steel
    Billybob44
    Profire
    Indygunworks
    Indygunguy
    Mandy's Burgers & Babies :laugh:
    Pinshooter45 (reloading benches)

We had about 50 folks come by through out the day, the busiest part by far was earlier in the day (before noon) and surprisingly enough most of those folks stayed a majority of the day.

After set up (8:30ish) the doors opened and the folks started in and steadly came and left all day. We broke down about 5pm and enjoyed adult beverages until about dark-30 around the fire pit. At one point I believe the Yeti even broke out into a solo of Kumbaya. We witnessed a proposal, a shotgun wedding, and even a spirited game of redneck jacks! (I'm sure pics will surface shortly.)

Pros:

I think the cool thing about having vendors at this event was that it was sooo laid back that folks didn't feel like they had to "sell" themselves to each attendee, the environment allowed true interpersonal conversations about products and experiences, and really allowed folks to connect. Since this was possible there was even a rekindled relationship that was almost completely severed because of miscommunication and rumors.... fellowship saves the day again!

Several small groups gathered all day to discuss certain topics in all things gun related & knowledge passed around.

The weather was fantastic, I think we only had one heat related emergency, but once we shook his shoulder we realized that Billybob just fell asleep again and the ambulance was disregarded.

Food was excellent and more than fair priced for the serving size and options.

The grounds were better serving than I imagined. I wasn't sure if the terrain was going to be "user-friendly" for tables and browsing, seemed to work just fine.

Cons:

The attendance was (in my mind) significantly less than I had been anticipating. From PMs and posts (on multiple forums) I expected from 150-200 folks through out the day. I think had there been more folks on site more "swapping" would have been done.

We were a little over zealous with the equipment rented for the size of the even, however this kinda fits into the better to have and not need then need and not have category.

AFAIK only a pair of fellers left upset with having to pay admission ($3/person.... $0 if you volunteered for something). But with that said, they were on site before the crowed showed and left fairly quickly after arriving.

Summery:

I think that this was a great opportunity for an event feeler. Maybe if held at a more metropolitan central location, in a larger venue (not someones back 40) the attendance might be higher. Also during more dormant months when folks aren't attending shoots. I see great success for more of these in the future, especially with the ability of a Hazmat group buy.

A million thanks to Andrew and Profire for the above and beyond attitude toward logistics and organizing this event. He made it effortless and worry-free to host something of this size on person property and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again in the future (with consent from Mrs.RNM of course ;) )

A huge thanks to all the vendors for spending their day for some face time and priceless fellowship. Another Shameless plug for each of them, please don't hesitate in the future to contact any of them with your needs or questions, I stand behind each of their expertise in their respective fields, I give you a Redneck's word on that.

Vendors:
    Bobcat steel- Custom Shooting Steel
    Billybob44- Firearms and Accessories Buy/Sell/Trade
    Profire- Ammunition and Reloading Expert
    Indygunworks- 1 of the most talented up & coming smiths in GreaterIndy
    Indygunguy -Reloading and Accessories Buy/Sell/Trade

Mandy's Burgers & Babies :laugh: - Good food better childcare (RNM daughter approved.
    Pinshooter45- reloading benches

:patriot: :ingo: :patriot:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Man, I'm jealous, I really wanted to make it out today, but alas making the car work again was priority. Sounds like it was a good event. Hopefully you there will be more in the future!
    I feel your pain. Had to finish the wife's van plus finish the tables and benches for the swap meet! Got everything done at PM Friday, just enough time to rest and sleep before the meet. Only thing I forgot was my NFA DAY donation jar!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom