• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    As BS as that is. Dont buy into a subdivision with a HOA if you dont like it. HOA's are the devil

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I read that story and WOW. You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Very seldom will you see posts of mine with the stars (courtesy of the language filter) but, this is straight up ****ing bull****!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It should be against the law to prevent anyone from flying the Flag of the United States.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    It should be against the law to prevent anyone from flying the Flag of the United States.

THIS to the umpteenth Mother F'in Degree!

Stories like this is the reason I have to take blood pressure meds! :xmad:

And to the OP... Not the correct thread title. No abandoning the ship! I say we throw the traitors OFF the ship! They're weighing the boat down.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And to the OP... Not the correct thread title. No abandoning the ship! I say we throw the traitors OFF the ship! They're weighing the boat down.

too true. I just couldn't think of the right way to express that. Mutiny and scuttle the ship? or is that too close to a topic that was banned roughly the day Obama got elected?

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

As much as I think it’s BS that the HOA made that rule, I disagree about the law as I’m all for less laws. More laws are the cause of most of our problems.

Again, I think it’s BS, but I’m not for more laws.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    As much as I think it’s BS that the HOA made that rule, I disagree about the law as I’m all for less laws. More laws are the cause of most of our problems.

Again, I think it’s BS, but I’m not for more laws.

I agree there are too many unnecessary laws, but most are created by people seeking the approval of people instead of using common sense. There is nothing wrong with proper laws.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hope he sticks to his guns because the association is wrong! H.R. 42 Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 was passed Jul 24, 2006: Became Public Law No: 109-243.

H.R. 42 [109th]: Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 (GovTrack.us)

I hope he fights the rule. Although he may have moved into the neighborhood and could have chosen somewhere else if he didn't like the rules. But, who would ever imagine that "no flags" would mean the American Flag?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Are the HOA another branch of gov. now. I'm sure they couldn't find a dozen bicycles and trash in a yard to pick on. This is BS!
    Never abandon ship. You leave the same way you came into the world, Fighting for your breath.:patriot:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I went to this site and click on the bottom of the article for more about it. The next site that came up had a video of an interview with the vet and the head of the HOA. They also had done some research and found out it is against the law for the HOA to prevent them from flying the flag.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I went to this site and click on the bottom of the article for more about it. The next site that came up had a video of an interview with the vet and the head of the HOA. They also had done some research and found out it is against the law for the HOA to prevent them from flying the flag.

So I guess that is American Flag - 2 and HOA's - 0

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    According to the Mail, Joseph Migliorini, the representative for the homeowners’ association and former mayor of Macedonia, which is between Cleveland and Akron, said he plans to take Quigley to court if the flagpole is not removed.

Well, there's your problem right there...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have a hard time working up a lot of sympathy for anyone who voluntarily moves into a place with a HOA and a lot of restrictions then whines when one of the rules isn't something they like.

Yeah, it's the US flag and I think it's completely ridiculous that there are places one cannot be flown on private property in the US, but that's what the folks in the HOA want and it's not like the rule was changed after he moved there.

(note: I am not against the flying of the flag, I am against HOAs and the thought that they are a good idea)

Top Bottom