• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meh...if the entertainment industry is putting out there for consumption, theres about a 90% chance that it's trash. If it's not degrading/mindless/base and/or SJW-infested filth, then 90% of the remainder so milquetoast, it's a snore-fest to try to watch it. Fact is, you simply can't boycott everything in this country that grates your gears. Some of these people critiquing you, wcd, I wonder how many of them are still boycotting Cheaper Than Dirt because they jacked their prices after Sandy Hook. I see nothing wrong with letting them know just how you feel about their programming just as I feel like people ought to have the right to let their sheriffs know how they feel about signing on to that anti-consitutional carry letter. Let them know how you feel. But don't expect find very much quality programming on any entertainment outlet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    TV in general is crap anymore. We've cut the cord several times because the "content" they provide for $100/month or more just isn't worth it. What other industry is out there that people so willingly cave into the seller and accept the garbage they offer and pay premium for it just because there "might" be something valuable in it? It's a lot like going to a storage unit sale; you look in the door for a few minutes and then pay stupid money hoping there is something in there worth anything. No thanks. The cable industry grew because you paid to see what YOU wanted to see with minimal commercial interruption. Once you were hooked they started pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. The satellite industry grew because you paid to see what YOU wanted to see with minimal commercial interruption. Once you were hooked they started pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. The internet tv programming industry will grow because you pay to see what YOU want with minimal commercial interruption. But eventually they will start pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. Note the pattern? If you have to have tv, and it does have it's uses, get an antenna. As far as entertainment value of tv you can actually get the programs you're interested in thru various sources if you're willing to pay the price be it monetary, commercial content or various other programs you don't like in a package to get the one you do.

If you went into a gun store to buy that much lusted after pistol and they told you that you had to buy a lawnmower, a used king sized mattress and a dead skunk along with it to get the gun you wanted would you do that? Probably not. Try unplugging; it's AMAZING how much stuff gets done around the house that way!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I wonder how many of them are still boycotting Cheaper Than Dirt because they jacked their prices after Sandy Hook...

:wavey:

I am. Heck, I'm still boycotting most of the Sandy Hook narrative.

Actually, now that I put those two together, it makes me wonder if CTD played some role in the top-secret events of that day or the bizarre response and aftermath.

:tinfoil:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    TV in general is crap anymore. We've cut the cord several times because the "content" they provide for $100/month or more just isn't worth it. What other industry is out there that people so willingly cave into the seller and accept the garbage they offer and pay premium for it just because there "might" be something valuable in it? It's a lot like going to a storage unit sale; you look in the door for a few minutes and then pay stupid money hoping there is something in there worth anything. No thanks. The cable industry grew because you paid to see what YOU wanted to see with minimal commercial interruption. Once you were hooked they started pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. The satellite industry grew because you paid to see what YOU wanted to see with minimal commercial interruption. Once you were hooked they started pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. The internet tv programming industry will grow because you pay to see what YOU want with minimal commercial interruption. But eventually they will start pumping in more commercials and lesser programming. Note the pattern? If you have to have tv, and it does have it's uses, get an antenna. As far as entertainment value of tv you can actually get the programs you're interested in thru various sources if you're willing to pay the price be it monetary, commercial content or various other programs you don't like in a package to get the one you do.

If you went into a gun store to buy that much lusted after pistol and they told you that you had to buy a lawnmower, a used king sized mattress and a dead skunk along with it to get the gun you wanted would you do that? Probably not. Try unplugging; it's AMAZING how much stuff gets done around the house that way!

I don't remember cable and satellite industries growing because of less commercials. Maybe the "networks" did have fewer commercial during their growth but my recollection is the growth was because of the choice of programming and for folks like me that tended to not live very close to the broadcasters over much of my life, it meant better reception. Satellite tv meant you could get "cable quality" picture and programming (such as it is) way out in the boonies. As to streaming, yeah some of them touted commercial free programming but I thought the main draw to them was you could pick what you wanted to watch when you wanted to watch it--you had the power to tailor your programming to your scehdule.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :wavey:

I am. Heck, I'm still boycotting most of the Sandy Hook narrative.

Actually, now that I put those two together, it makes me wonder if CTD played some role in the top-secret events of that day or the bizarre response and aftermath.

:tinfoil:

Yeah, I heard the Freedom Group was the master mind behind it all.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's simple, don't get offended so easily snowflake. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

It's not about being a "snowflake."
    It's about a ridiculous double standard.
    Tell me, do you honestly believe that it would have even been mentioned in the boardroom at Netflix to make a show stereotyping and hectoring a different group of people, titled "Dear Black People?"
    It's a double standard, it's deliberately calculated to foment racial animus, and most importantly of all, people are paying subscription fees that in part are financing this cancer.
    Get a clue.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I discovered something that has helped me with these situations. Basically, I just quit caring about the opinions and feelings of people who don't directly impact my life. Netflix can make whatever "edgy" new shows they want as long as I can still watch the things I like, such as "Caddyshack." When I start scrolling through without finding anything good to watch is the day I'll cancel my subscription. It's no different than professional athletes who use their platform to spout their personal beliefs. As long as the clown is dancing down the field I will watch the games and turn off the interview portions.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't remember cable and satellite industries growing because of less commercials. Maybe the "networks" did have fewer commercial during their growth but my recollection is the growth was because of the choice of programming and for folks like me that tended to not live very close to the broadcasters over much of my life, it meant better reception. Satellite tv meant you could get "cable quality" picture and programming (such as it is) way out in the boonies. As to streaming, yeah some of them touted commercial free programming but I thought the main draw to them was you could pick what you wanted to watch when you wanted to watch it--you had the power to tailor your programming to your scehdule.

Guess we had different satellites down south

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been thinking of canceling our streaming membership from netflix. The quality of the movies available for streaming ar poor. Very low rating movies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    When I was a kid, Dad came home, and he picked the channel.
    If we complained, he told us to get a job and get our own house.

And the remote was us. He didn't get a remote control till we left and mom wasn't about to do it.

A pair of AA batteries every few months are cheaper than a kid.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Read the thread, googled "Dear White People" saw what the shows creator had to say about white people, will be cancelling Monday.

Yes, I still DO NOT but from CTD!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If you don't get irate over this, then you must have the patience of Job.
    [video=youtube;1LzggK5DRBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzggK5DRBA[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As mentioned earlier, to be balanced there should be a show called "Dear Black people". Might as well throw one in for Jews, and Arabs. And Asians. Why stop there? Religions have ****ty people too. Let's just segregate EVERY group that has ****ty people. White oeople are ****ty. Blacks, Asians. Mexicans. Cubans. Europeans. Natives. ****. We all need to be told how ****ty everyone else is. Let's pitch it to Netflix and see if they go for it.

Top Bottom