• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So maybe someone more mentally adroit with this subject matter than I can shed some light.

Will I be tasked with cooperating in this fiasco by being required to fill out paperwork and answer questionnaires?

And if I don't cooperate can I be fined or jailed?

And if a whole chunk of folks don't cooperate, will they be jailed and / or fined?

Now if it turns into a movement and a whole bunches of folks don't acquiesce, at what body count does it become so overwhelming that the government can do little more than collect 8 X 10 Black & White Glossy photos with circles and arrows on the front and a paragraph on the back describing the scene of the crime ???

My second observation: Kathleen Sebelius marched her ass up to a speaker's podium the other day and announced special benefits under Obamacare for the LBGT, or LGBT, or BGLT community because of their years of being held down by Da Man.

If I check the Bi-Sexual box on the form, can I then get these special benefits also?

Enquiring minds want to know.......before I come out.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding is that refusal to get insurance will be tallied with a special tax on your 1040, which, if you are work-a-day and get income tax withholdings, will be tallied against your tax refund. If you have to pay the Tax Man every year, or don't make enough to be taxed in the first place, you can withhold that 'fine' tax from the amount you remit thereto, and the terms of that 'fine' tax does not allow the IRS to come after you for it. This is what I intend to do. Let them just start tallying my Obamacare 'fine', but I'm not paying it and they can sit and spin on it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My understanding is that refusal to get insurance will be tallied with a special tax on your 1040, which, if you are work-a-day and get income tax withholdings, will be tallied against your tax refund. If you have to pay the Tax Man every year, or don't make enough to be taxed in the first place, you can withhold that 'fine' tax from the amount you remit thereto, and the terms of that 'fine' tax does not allow the IRS to come after you for it. This is what I intend to do. Let them just start tallying my Obamacare 'fine', but I'm not paying it and they can sit and spin on it.

I wonder if you smack them, would they spin faster?

You didn't touch on my new found Bi-Sexuality?

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The IRS will not come after you criminally for not paying the fine. They will, however, continue to charge interest and add each year's previous amounts to your current year's tax bill. If you have a refund, they can/will take up to the entire amount to pay down the balance.

So if you rely on tax refunds or are a small business owner who pays ahead on one's income and overpays you will have lost the income. With that said if you willingly refuse to purchase health insurance then you're just purposely trying to increase my premiums...that is unless you simply refuse medical care. If you want I can help you file with all hospitals in your home area (within a 500 mile radius) to ensure that they have Treatment Refusals on file and DNRs filed so that your ass doesn't get the treatment should you have an accident.

I'm not trying to be mean and Obamacare is far from a perfect solution -- but there is a real problem that needs addressing with our current state of medical affairs and simply refusing to get health insurance because you want to give Obama the middle finger is punishing people like me who buy things like this so that my impact to society is minimized when a health problem arises.

If you simply can't afford it, then the exchanges idea is somewhat of a good one because it binds together large amounts of people so that the administrator can go to a health insurance company and say "I've got 600,000 people who want to buy insurance...gimmie a deal). This is exactly how employers do it.

Health insurance is a big deal because it directly influences premiums. Again Obamacare isn't an ideal solution, but simply not buying health insurance to "****" Obama is ****ing me over and everyone else who buys it. I'd sincerely appreciate it if (and if you can afford it) you buy the health insurance.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My premiss was not built on not having Health Insurance, just not cooperating with the intrusion and record keeping requirements of disclosing personal information.

It was also Tongue-in-Cheek but leave it for someone to take affront and make it about themselves and their pocketbook.

In all of your bending over and grabbing your ankles Streak, have you even considered the financial devastation this fiasco will have on the economy as not affecting your bottom line?? Rather naive.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    My premiss was not built on not having Health Insurance, just not cooperating with the intrusion and record keeping requirements of disclosing personal information.

It was also Tongue-in-Cheek but leave it for someone to take affront and make it about themselves and their pocketbook.

In all of your bending over and grabbing your ankles Streak, have you even considered the financial devastation this fiasco will have on the economy as not affecting your bottom line?? Rather naive.

Have you considered the financial devastation caused by people not having health insurance? Not only onto themselves, but onto others? Consider that the biggest reason in the US for bankruptcy is medical bills and it paints a pretty grim picture. I've worked in health insurance for one of the big companies and I know exactly what is intended. While it was tongue in cheek, I wanted you to be aware of what it is you're ACTUALLY doing.

BTW there are record keeping requirements for things like social security, drivers licenses, gun permits, medical treatments, and almost any kind of financial account transaction you can have. Am I to take it that you'll take part in none of these? This very website collects information and your access on the internet is logged from the ISP on up. No amount of VPNs or encryption or even TOR hides the fact that everything gets recorded through the ISP.

I'm not so foolish as to be concerned about people who already have my name, date of birth, SSN, address, weight, height, sex, ethnicity, and that I had athlete's foot sometime ago get another document that already shows these things. My "bending over and grabbing my ankles" is a stupid phrase for understanding the truth: the information about you is already out there. Google can figure out who you are just by your browsing habits and a skilled website designer can take that information combined with things like browser/computer data (including browser extensions) to create a kind of fingerprint.

Lastly there's research from both sides that show Obamacare will save or cost the US lots and lots of money. One thing that it does do, however, is spread healthcare risk among a much larger percentage of people which is always a good thing when you talk insurance. I find it a waste of time to try and tackle that bull****, because the law is here to stay. 40+ attempts to repeal it have failed and at this point the cost of repealing it should start coming out of the Republican party's pockets instead of the taxpayers who are tired of the time being wasted.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Have you considered the financial devastation caused by people not having health insurance? Not only onto themselves, but onto others? Consider that the biggest reason in the US for bankruptcy is medical bills and it paints a pretty grim picture. I've worked in health insurance for one of the big companies and I know exactly what is intended. While it was tongue in cheek, I wanted you to be aware of what it is you're ACTUALLY doing.

BTW there are record keeping requirements for things like social security, drivers licenses, gun permits, medical treatments, and almost any kind of financial account transaction you can have. Am I to take it that you'll take part in none of these? This very website collects information and your access on the internet is logged from the ISP on up. No amount of VPNs or encryption or even TOR hides the fact that everything gets recorded through the ISP.

I'm not so foolish as to be concerned about people who already have my name, date of birth, SSN, address, weight, height, sex, ethnicity, and that I had athlete's foot sometime ago get another document that already shows these things. My "bending over and grabbing my ankles" is a stupid phrase for understanding the truth: the information about you is already out there. Google can figure out who you are just by your browsing habits and a skilled website designer can take that information combined with things like browser/computer data (including browser extensions) to create a kind of fingerprint.

Lastly there's research from both sides that show Obamacare will save or cost the US lots and lots of money. One thing that it does do, however, is spread healthcare risk among a much larger percentage of people which is always a good thing when you talk insurance. I find it a waste of time to try and tackle that bull****, because the law is here to stay. 40+ attempts to repeal it have failed and at this point the cost of repealing it should start coming out of the Republican party's pockets instead of the taxpayers who are tired of the time being wasted.

:laugh::poop:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I find it a waste of time to try and tackle that bull****, because the law is here to stay. 40+ attempts to repeal it have failed and at this point the cost of repealing it should start coming out of the Republican party's pockets instead of the taxpayers who are tired of the time being wasted.

Isn't the #1 cause of financial devastation and bankruptcy lack of money, whatever the origin thereof? Obviously we need a normed national income, and income insurance. Enough baby steps already.

Dutch87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    kokomo

Soooo what if I'm bi? What's in this for me?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I do not want the same bloated federal government that spies on US citizens and punishes groups they do not agree with politically (just to mention a few) to also have power over my health care choices and decisions that should be between me and my doctor. Look how badly the VA is run. This will be worse.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Let's assume you strongly object to Obamacare and don't pay the fine/tax. Let's further assume you have a heart attack (still the no. 1 killer of many physiotypes). Will the hospital admit you? Who will pay your hospital bill?

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I do not want the same bloated federal government that spies on US citizens and punishes groups they do not agree with politically (just to mention a few) to also have power over my health care choices and decisions that should be between me and my doctor. Look how badly the VA is run. This will be worse.

To be fair the VA is heavily underfunded, understaffed, and over capacity. It's been underfunded because all of our politicians want to get the brownie points from our veterans, but they want to ignore the cost of what it actually costs to care for a veteran.

As for the power over healthcare stuff...funny thing is that a few insurance companies already have power over your healthcare. Literally -- most determine what is covered by using paid doctors/nurses and give them bonuses to deny coverage.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Let's assume you strongly object to Obamacare and don't pay the fine/tax. Let's further assume you have a heart attack (still the no. 1 killer of many physiotypes). Will the hospital admit you? Who will pay your hospital bill?

So the state and federal laws concerning servicing anyone that crosses the emergency room threshold are going away? I hadn't heard that one. The most charitable, compassionate nation to ever exist on the planet will turn away those coming to their doors because of ObamaCare? A perk I had not heard of.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    So the state and federal laws concerning servicing anyone that crosses the emergency room threshold are going away? I hadn't heard that one. The most charitable, compassionate nation to ever exist on the planet will turn away those coming to their doors because of ObamaCare? A perk I had not heard of.

I don't know the answer. It's an honest question. I'm an old guy and I still don't understand what Obamacare will do to Medicare when I hit 65 next year.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I don't know the answer. It's an honest question. I'm an old guy and I still don't understand what Obamacare will do to Medicare when I hit 65 next year.
    The simple truth, Manatee, is NEITHER DOES YOUR LOCAL CONGRESS-CRITTER.... They couldn't tell you what it's going to do to Medicare either....That said, for anyone that employs folks - you can bet your left testicle that it's going to raise costs. And hence more people will be unemployed and under-employed.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    at this point the cost of repealing it should start coming out of the Republican party's pockets instead of the taxpayers who are tired of the time being wasted.

Congratulations, you are the winner of the "most moronic thing I've heard today" award.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'm still trying to find out how I can get on the death panel. My D&D buddies think that sounds like fun!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lets all get this straight. Health care is so expensive now because of government intervention.
    Health care costs are also expensive because of fat ass lazy Americans going to the doctor for a cold. Not to mention their self inflicted type 2 early onset diabetes.
    Health care is so expensive because you don't directly pay for it.
    Finally, performing miracles is expensive.

Yes more government intervention will somehow miraculously work this time because Obama did it

Top Bottom