• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Unfortunately yes, it took something close to home to sink it in i guess.

When i got done she said....oh im excited, can we get me a new gun....lol

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I hope your answer was, "Any one you want". I bought a light weight 38 SPL a few years back. My wife picked it up and it fit her hands so well she wouldn't give it back. I went the next day and bought one for myself. A couple of weeks ago I built my first AR. The same thing happened again. As soon as I collapsed the stock so it fit her frame I knew I was going to be starting that project over. I'm building a 300 blackout SBR now. I bet she'll like that even more!

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Similiar thing happened to me . I had a Glock 19. My wife picked it up and never gave it back. She also went out and got her LTCH.
    Now she has the Glock, a Keltec PF-9 in desert tan, a Kahr CW-9, a Keltec PLR 22 and put a crimson trace on the Glock

cncfrench

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    similar story here. my wife came to me and said she wanted to get her LTCH. I was kinda shocked. she has always shot my guns but never expressed any interest in carrying one. She likes to shoot my SR40 and my son's M&P 357, cool part is she is a good shot with both guns, won't have to worry bout her wanting a gun with lots of power.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    She has a .38 special her dad gave her when she turned 21, that was 21 years ago...lol

But im going to take her to look at some semi autos....see what she likes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She has a .38 special her dad gave her when she turned 21, that was 21 years ago...lol

But im going to take her to look at some semi autos....see what she likes.

You and the wife should go shooting with my brother (Repeater) and I. Then she could try out a few dozen semi-autos.

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    Since you are in Lake County, I do believe Deb's in hammond still rents guns
    to shoot in their range. On kennedy just a little south of 169th.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Where at? ....not sure who rents guns anymore.

Might not need to rent. Between my brother and I, we could probably bring somewhere over a dozen semi-autos for her to try. May not have what she wants, but it would give her a whack at quite a few.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Congrats on the wife coming aboard, although sorry for the tragedy that brought it about. Like actaeon said, I have more then a couple different styles myself and Im always willing to let people take them out for a test run. Granted, I have to be along too, haha, but just come up with a time and ill make sure they are packed with some ammo to fire as well.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Congrats on the wife coming aboard, although sorry for the tragedy that brought it about. Like actaeon said, I have more then a couple different styles myself and Im always willing to let people take them out for a test run. Granted, I have to be along too, haha, but just come up with a time and ill make sure they are packed with some ammo to fire as well.

Sounds great, we have to plan for times away from the kids though...and thats not easy.
    Conflicting schedules, between the wife and i and the baby sitter...lol

For the legal part of it, doesn't she have to fill out
    her own LTCH paperwork????? oops

lol....yea i was just hanging over her shoulder...yea thats it :)
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :n00b:

Since you are in Lake County, I do believe Deb's in hammond still rents guns
    to shoot in their range. On kennedy just a little south of 169th.

I'll check it out, thanks

Might not need to rent. Between my brother and I, we could probably bring somewhere over a dozen semi-autos for her to try. May not have what she wants, but it would give her a whack at quite a few.

She did say last night that she wants a compact/subcompact.
    She want it to be able to fit in her purse, though i tried to tell her the purse probably isnt a good place for it...sheesh
    Had her hold my S&W SD9 and she said it was too big, not for her hand but for carry.

Also, have you thought about this?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sat_24_mar_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

Seems like a good way to try some weapons out.
    I'm still debating on going. Working midnights that day, and I'm getting a little old to do the no-sleep thing.

Yea i am waiting to see if we can get free for this.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No problem, whenever is a good time for me usually. Im still on medical so as long as I dont have an appointment, I should be good to go.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    So the wife went to do her prints last Saturday, went to the cop shop on the following Wednesday, had her LTCH by Saturday....(today)

Sheesh thats faster then i got mine.

She is wanting to go shopping now, so excited :)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So the wife went to do her prints last Saturday, went to the cop shop on the following Wednesday, had her LTCH by Saturday....(today)

Sheesh thats faster then i got mine.

She is wanting to go shopping now, so excited :)

glad to hear, and even better that she got her license so fast. I still need to work on mine, just have to get a couple of things done first. Heck, probably ask you for help since it went through so fast, so I know the right way to get it done

Top Bottom