• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    On a whim, I went to my LGS to check out the PPQ M2 and VP9. After dry-firing both, I realized I really like everything about the VP9, and just the trigger on the PPQ M2. I will be going back tomorrow to rent both and put some rounds down range, but had a question for y'all first.

I found a used VP9 with all accessories and an extra mag for $549.00. It looks ridiculously clean, doesn't look like it had been fired all that much, and the previous owner babied it. It also looks like it is the LE model, as it has night sights. Is this a decent price? The new model at this particular LGS is $699.00, but doesn't have the extra mag, or the night sights.

Anyone with insight into what I should be looking out for, or should I just bite the bullet and save myself $150? I've never purchased a used firearm before, if only because hidden modifications or damage could be problematic.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you choose the VP9 over the Walther, I would buy the used one. The extra mags are a plus, as they are pricey when bought separately.

I've bought more used guns than new. If the VP9 looks as clean as you say, I'd jump on it. Use the $150 you saved on a holster and ammo.

Just checked the prices online for the VP9. They seem to run $629-$650. So the used one, to me, looks like a better deal.

Last edited:

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    Thank you, I'm going to the range tomorrow to shoot it before I buy it.

I already found a holster I really like, but the 28 week lead time will require I find something in the mean time.

Thank you again!!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Also, I wouldn't worry too much about modifications on the VP9. It hasn't been out all that long and the list of aftermarket mods is nowhere near as long as say a Glock , M&P or 1911.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Thank you, I'm going to the range tomorrow to shoot it before I buy it.

I already found a holster I really like, but the 28 week lead time will require I find something in the mean time.

Thank you again!!

If you're looking for a holster look at aliengear 3.0. About $34 and well worth it

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a Blade Tech holster for my VP9 and like it a lot. I would suggest the used VP9 especially if it is the LE model. The tritium sights are worth $100. The LE came with 3 mags.
    I have both the PPQ M2 and VP9LE. Each have their own positive features. I especially like the ears on the VP9.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have both and would go for the used vp9. That's a good price for an LE model. Mags are $45 and like Dan said, night sights run $100.

Someone probably watched the MAC video, got spooked and traded it in for cheap. Just don't jump into a mud puddle or throw yourself into a tree and you'll be fine.

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    Thank you all for your responses. After I fire it tomorrow, I will more than likely pull the trigger on the VP9... pun intended?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    I love my VP9 as I do all H&K products. I also enjoyed my PPQ but I no longer have it if that tells which I would pick. Also almost every gun I buy is used because of the savings. These guns will shoot thousands of rounds before they even recommend replacing anything. I have found most used guns have clearly not been shot that much, and if they appeared to have been most of the gun stores I go to would not have not taken it in trade or at least not priced it on the high end of used.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I have both and would go for the used vp9. That's a good price for an LE model. Mags are $45 and like Dan said, night sights run $100.

Someone probably watched the MAC video, got spooked and traded it in for cheap. Just don't jump into a mud puddle or throw yourself into a tree and you'll be fine.

Hahaha, this.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I carry my VP9 everyday...love it... I run it with an aliengear holster...very comfortable....great shooter.... the used VP is a good deal, and its definitely quality...mine eats anything I put in it as far as ammo... You cannot go wrong with an HK....

Wolfpaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2016
    Spring Grove
    If it's any help to you, I just purchased my first HK product and it is the VP-9, 2 days ago. The gun is such a pleasure to shoot. Bought the gun,3 mags, all the goodies for 670.00. So that price seems good. I will tell you I had gotten quotes as high as 800.00. Plus I'm being told they are getting hard to get a hold of. At least in my neck of the woods. Good luck with your decision

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    Well, I bought it. It is not the LEM model, as I looked at the wrong tag when he put it back on the wall. Nevertheless, I am the proud owner of a slightly used VP9. Thanks for all the replies, and I can't wait to take this thing out see how she performs!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    :yesway:
    Well, I bought it. It is not the LEM model, as I looked at the wrong tag when he put it back on the wall. Nevertheless, I am the proud owner of a slightly used VP9. Thanks for all the replies, and I can't wait to take this thing out see how she performs!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Here is the MAC video on the VP9

[video=youtube;vOu5ZGfgtVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk[/video]

Remind me not to buy any used guns from MAC. :):

Top Bottom