• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Ok so I've noticed that the gun shops don't carry the one I'm looking for. So has anybody used "GunBroker.com" to purchase a firearm? I realize I would need to pay shipping and the FFl Charge but they seem to have good prices. Of course this would only be a good idea if you know exactly what you want. Pros / Cons ?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Ok so I've noticed that the gun shops don't carry the one I'm looking for. So has anybody used "GunBroker.com" to purchase a firearm? I realize I would need to pay shipping and the FFl Charge but they seem to have good prices. Of course this would only be a good idea if you know exactly what you want. Pros / Cons ?

I've purchased 2 Kimbers off of Gunbroker. Just make sure to factor in the cost of the gun along with shipping and the transfer fee when setting your max bid.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011

If you know exactly what you want you can get good deals on gunbroker, even with shipping and transfer fees. I have bought quite a few guns through them and haven't had a bad experience yet.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I've purchased from Gunbroker without incident. Check around for FFLs. They even have a search on the Gunbroker site that will give you a list. I called several and the transfer fees varied quite a bit.

One "pro" is that if the seller isn't in Indiana, you don't pay sales tax. Depending on the gun you end up with, it could make the shipping and FFL transfer fee a wash.

My biggest "con" with my Gunbroker purchase was I had to WAIT for it while it was shipped. Patience is not my strong suit.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have used GunBroker.com on occasion. No troubles. You may also want to check Kentucky Gun Co. That is where I got mine for a fair price and free shipping.

I bought my Ultra Carry from Kentucky Gun, price and service were both good. If they don't have what you want in stock google Nelson Tactical, their prices are comparable to KGC. I deal with Nelson regularly, it's a local family shop and they have been very good to deal with.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    you are heading down a dangerous and expensive path. with kimbers one is just never enough.

I couldn't agree with this statement more!

picture.php

Did I mention this one is for sale? I have it on consignment at a local shop, so it could be gone and I don't know it. Kimber Pro Elite. Was a special edition in 1999 - 2500 guns produced. Precursor to the CDP model I believe. I'm partial to the pre-Series II guns, without the additional safety components. Nothing wrong with this one. Just have a few other wants, and enough other Kimber love.

picture.php

Top Bottom