• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have a Sharps lower from Rguns I got for 65$. I can order a Del Ton kit for $465, for a total of $530.

(I missed the Black Friday deal when I could have gotten the kit for $395, for a total of $460.)

Is there a cheaper route?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Is that a good "Wow" or a bad "Wow"?

I'm wonder if I buy component by component if I can go cheaper, or if there's another way that makes sense. I know someone posted a site on here a while back that sells used ARs pretty cheap.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Untitled11.png

I built this one for $474. I just wanted to go with a simple build.
    $80 spikes lower
    $59 RRA LPK
    $35 Stock Assem.
    $300 Complete upper

I picked it all up piece by piece at gun shows.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    INDY would be a great place to find what your looking for. Id recomend looking in to a doubble star upper at INDY you may find it will fit your budget and is a great upper. As far as building it your self no I dont think you can build it any cheeper.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I can order a Del Ton kit for $465, for a total of $530.

(I missed the Black Friday deal when I could have gotten the kit for $395, for a total of $460.)

Is there a cheaper route?

You can get that deal now.

M4 Chrome Lined Upper on Sale!!
    Del-Ton, Inc. is offering a 16'' M4 1x7 Chrome Moly Vanadium (CMV) Chrome Lined Barrel Assembly with F-Marked Front Sight Base, M4 Feed Ramps and HPT & MPI Tested Bolt @ $395.00 each! Usually $460.00 each, so you save an awesome $65.00! This offer won't last long, so don't delay, order yours today!​
    This Complete upper includes 16'' M4 CMV Chrome Lined 1x7 twist Barrel, F-Marked Front Sight Base, Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps, AR-15 Bolt and Carrier assembly - properly staked and sealed gas key - carpenter 158 HPT & MPI Tested Bolt, Charging Handle and CAR Handguard. These are head-spaced and test fired. Ready to drop onto a complete lower receiver.​
    Please remember these are built to order.​

Click on the links above or visit the web site Del ton Rifle Kits & Del ton AR 15 Rifles | Gun Supplies & Gun Accessories from Del-ton, Inc. for more information, complete technical specs and to order.
    Use coupon code MPI495 at checkout. This offer is for a limited quantity and is valid while supplies last or until end 01/13/2011 EST, which ever is first. So don't delay, order today!

This offer is good while supplies last.
    To receive these discounts you must enter the coupon code in the ‘coupon code box’ at check out. This is Caps sensitive! Make sure once you have entered the coupon code that the discount is applied to your order. We will not apply coupon codes to orders for you, once your order is placed it is final, so make sure to use the coupon codes at check out! Offer is subject to change or cancelation without notice. If you have any questions please call 910-645-2172 or email sales@del-ton.com.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Can't you get one of those Plum Crazy complete lowers for $129 or something like that and just add a $300 upper if you can find one?

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    The last I read on the Plum Crazy was that they are going to be changing soon. By this I mean the web cite name. I have seen user comments on YouTube, owners claiming lower is very well built and that the customer service is also good. The down side is that there have been so many orders that it is difficult to get them .
    I too am wondering about building my own and on a small budget. I will keep my eyes open at the Gun Shows and maybe get to Indy Show.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    anyone have any of these for sale in Indiana? I would build one and torture test it and give a review.

I have the same idea, which I hope to do this summer (buy and build the gun over the next few months, function test, get familiar with the platform, the torture).

I have made peace with the fact that it will cost me $20 to have it transferred. If I like how it turns out, I may get two or three transferred at once, so I can save the fee (my FFL only charges per form) and do a few builds. Maybe a .22LR build, and a couple carbines.

Back to the OP, I JSESurplus seems to be the best deal I have found.

Top Bottom