• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    No one to elect on my ballot, just one issue. Do we want our property taxes raised by the school district? We went and voted as a family...referendum defeated 65/35.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No one to elect on my ballot, just one issue. Do we want our property taxes raised by the school district? We went and voted as a family...referendum defeated 65/35.

Never vote to raise your own taxes until you are sure that all of your tax money is being used efficiently and wisely and there is a genuine need.

In other words, never vote to raise your own taxes.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Never vote to raise your own taxes until you are sure that all of your tax money is being used efficiently and wisely and there is a genuine need.

In other words, never vote to raise your own taxes.

And the schools got a budget increase last week.

Suddenly I'm hungry for a double dip cone.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Our skull dist. just upgraded their Colosseum for a more grand Gladius Maximus, they are building a new Parthenon of indoctrination because, well, the other one was old (historic even), they have traveling feaking concert stages. I'm sure every bit of that expenditure goes directly to improving the reading, writing and arithmetic scores on the students SATs.

How are the students doing Mr. Principle? Why are their test scores not improving? Mr. Principle replies, "But look at the grand edifice I've built to my own grandeur! Now vote to give us raise too..."

No sale.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Noblesville had a woeful turnout. Highest voter numbers were close to 34% and that was in only a few areas. Most numbers were in the high teens. I have always thought if you don’t exercise your rights...what’s the point?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I voted after work; around 5:20.

My ballot was #23 in the machine.

Poll workers said it had been a very long day.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing to vote on here in the GSF that I know, the raccoons may have held a referendum on getting a share of this years crop of strawberries though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As IPS is closing schools and consolidating the students they still want more money. Head count is falling like a rock as folks flee the city.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Three of us voted during lunch hour. We can go to any of 8 or 9 "vote centers" as they call them in town. Pretty handy really, place was bare when we got there and when we left.

A far cry from '18 election.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My area spent 15 years fighting annexation by Carmel (required a majority) and lost... this year we got to vote against the mayor that annexed us and vote for people to actually represent us in the city government... but we didn't even reach 15% turnout.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My area spent 15 years fighting annexation by Carmel (required a majority) and lost... this year we got to vote against the mayor that annexed us and vote for people to actually represent us in the city government... but we didn't even reach 15% turnout.
    So I assume you're part of Carmel now? No offense but I couldn't imagine all the bad things that go with that. Taxes and more taxes?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You're getting closer to kicking Diamond Jim Brainard to the curb.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I forgot.
    Worked a double shift, only got 4 hours of sleep. I would have had to wake up even earlier to vote.
    I'm getting too old. I need my 4 hours.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am ashamed to say that this last Primary was the first time since I reached my majority that I have not voted in an election. Like some others here, I didn't realize there was a Primary election until my wife saw it on television. Ironically, we've always found time to vote - either in person or absentee - in all the time we were working. Now we're both retired, but I didn't even know who was running or what their platform was. Hopefully, I'll have some idea of who to vote for in November (I already know who I'm voting against . . . )

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been talking to a lot of folks about this. The faith many had in Gov. has been shattered by the last 2 years of stpidity we have been subjected to. For many their give a :poop: is broken.

Is this by design. Apathy will put us closer to the edge.

Top Bottom