• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All this talk by the Dems about losing ObamaCare. Does anybody here know anybody that was helped by the ACA? Serious question, because I do not know anybody it helped. As a small business owner, I now pay twice the premiums and twice the deductibles I paid before the ACA. It's literally cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm not asking for your personal details - if it helped you, it is what it is. Just curious.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Namely because I didn't want to write it out. It is also what she is being popularly referred to by. I wish Kavanaugh had an initial system rather than his last name. Would have been a whole lot nice for me when I did that thread.
    Nothing personal.. It was the "popularly referred by" that was my question. Just seems like a recent trend for women to get abbreviated.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Since this thread get's bumped every 20 minutes... random question: Why do we refer to female politicians by their initials (RGB, AOC, ACB) rather than by their name and title?

Judge Amy Coney Barrett, or just Judge Barrett, would be a nice change. Well, with any luck, it will soon be Justice Barrett.

I suppose we occasionally use initials for men: JFK is one. Doesn't seem all that common, though.
    With respect, neither RBG nor ACB should be considered as politicians.

When officialss have a first and last name only we tend to refer to them based on either their last name or first name alone. When an official has a first name, middle/maiden name, and surname that is when we see the use of a three letter moniker.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    All this talk by the Dems about losing ObamaCare. Does anybody here know anybody that was helped by the ACA? Serious question, because I do not know anybody it helped. As a small business owner, I now pay twice the premiums and twice the deductibles I paid before the ACA. It's literally cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm not asking for your personal details - if it helped you, it is what it is. Just curious.

I feel the same way, but our increased premiums offset the cost of providing coverage to the "additional 20 million americans" we hear so much about. The ones that likely pay no premiums.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    What's the score? Who's winning or is it still a tie? Or is this still the pregame show? Inquiring minds want to know?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    What's the score? Who's winning or is it still a tie? Or is this still the pregame show? Inquiring minds want to know?

I suddenly have this vision of CBS reimagining
    THE NFL TODAY
    as
    THE SCOTUS TODAY

Makes me wish for Brent Musberger, Phyllis George, Irv Cross, and Jimmy “The Greek”.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I believe there were only 2 states where ACA provided benefits over what was previously available. Colorado, and one other that I can't remember at the moment.

What I find most funny is that Trump wants the ACA replaced with something more affordable, and he's always supported some sort of free option for the poor.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    z7hHz6R.jpg

Top Bottom