• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I will try to make it. Ill see if I can set a record for procedurals . I will wine if I want too! :(:D

Its just advice, not a mandate or we would all be DQ'd!
    (I may whine a bit) I consider any IDPA match i get thru without a procedural for "air gunning" to be successful! There is always that one, where I think i can make the corner, then i doubt myself, then there goes... the air gun... DOH did the SO see that? good fun...

And good luck with that record. I do find if you DONT stop and swear your chances of getting a procedural for dropping a mag with ammo in it go down considerably :D Cuz once you stop and swear, they are on it!

Lets all hope/pray for a bit warmer than 25degrees! And yes I know shootings happen in cold weather BUT the difference is I dont stand around waiting for 4 hours in that weather generally. Oh wait Im whining...

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Its just advice, not a mandate or we would all be DQ'd!
    (I may whine a bit) I consider any IDPA match i get thru without a procedural for "air gunning" to be successful! There is always that one, where I think i can make the corner, then i doubt myself, then there goes... the air gun... DOH did the SO see that? good fun...

And good luck with that record. I do find if you DONT stop and swear your chances of getting a procedural for dropping a mag with ammo in it go down considerably :D Cuz once you stop and swear, they are on it!

Lets all hope/pray for a bit warmer than 25degrees! And yes I know shootings happen in cold weather BUT the difference is I dont stand around waiting for 4 hours in that weather generally. Oh wait Im whining...

You can't airgun a walkthrough...That is communism I tell ya!:D

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Procedurals......

I get em for dropping a mag as soon as I'm done shooting at that position.:D

That and the airgunning thing. Or reloading on the way to the next shooting position cause there may be another bad guy lurking who wasn't there on the walkthrough....lol

All good fun though.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Procedurals......

I get em for dropping a mag as soon as I'm done shooting at that position.:D

That and the airgunning thing. Or reloading on the way to the next shooting position cause there may be another bad guy lurking who wasn't there on the walkthrough....lol

All good fun though.

no reloading while moving??? :dunno: I think I may zero every stage out of principle :D. Come On Man!

Sounds like way too many rules for gaming :D but I'm having withdrawals at the same time.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    You can't airgun a walkthrough...That is communism I tell ya!:D

I have actually found its safer (as in avoiding procedurals) and often more fun to not even walk it. Listen to the story, get instructions on what I have to do, then do it. Its gonna be too damn cold to air gun anyway ;)

Now that mag dropping stuff, not sure there is a cure for that.
    Maybe BillD can slap me in the back of the head when i drop em? Im sure i can get volunteers for that job :D:D

I forgot to mention my favorite IDPA comment ever! AZone asked once if he incurred a "Failure to get shot penalty"! Cracked me up...

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Supposed to have a high of 23 degrees Sat. Too bad they got rid of the trash cans at ACC. We could have built fires in them.....

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    no reloading while moving??? :dunno: I think I may zero every stage out of principle :D. Come On Man!

Sounds like way too many rules for gaming :D but I'm having withdrawals at the same time.

Saw this when trying to find clarification on when you can drop a mag and when you can't. A lot of rules, I'm sure I'll get some penalties, but what the heck. Sounds like fun, I have the day off so I'll be there!
    YouTube - IDPA

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Saw this when trying to find clarification on when you can drop a mag and when you can't. A lot of rules, I'm sure I'll get some penalties, but what the heck. Sounds like fun, I have the day off so I'll be there!

You can drop a mag when you are at slidelock. Any other time you want to reload, the mag has to be retained.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    You can drop a mag when you are at slidelock. Any other time you want to reload, the mag has to be retained.

You realize you can't use terms like "slidelock" with us noobs...?

Edit: nevermind. I realized you meant when the slide was locked. I was thinking "where the hell is slidelock?"

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    YouTube - IDPA

That is kind of how this thread has went. I need some trigger time :D anyway. I also need to work on my defensive tactics as well. It will kind of be like the "p" word.

Top Bottom