• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Do you guys (and girls for you ladies out there) generally care about assessory rails on the handguns? I think it would be cool to mount a light or laser but prob tough to carry it. Just wondering if it's a deal breaker or not.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I have a rail on my P229 that I put a light/laser on. I would probably buy a railed version of a gun over then nonrailed in general, but I would also buy a gun that had no rail option.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I have no use for an accessory rail on a handgun. My feeling is that advertsing has a lot to do with them being on there. However, it does free up one of your hands, "cause you don't have hold your flash light. I don't own anything with a rail, personal preference i guess.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    options are good. i would rather have it then not, but i will buy reguardless unless i am specifically after a railed version.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do you guys (and girls for you ladies out there) generally care about assessory rails on the handguns?

Daily (IWB) carry gun? Not a biggie. House gun? Nice to have. Itty-bitty pocket gun? WTF you gonna put on a rail that short? Long guns? Pretty much gotta have 'em.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Daily (IWB) carry gun? Not a biggie. House gun? Nice to have. Itty-bitty pocket gun? WTF you gonna put on a rail that short? Long guns? Pretty much gotta have 'em.

I agree with everything here except the no biggie for on a carry gun. I like to keep my x300 on my carry gun even when IWB. It is nice to pull everything out at one time and have it always be there.

Some guns don't need rails though, like race guns, range only guns, bbq guns, and def (like shooter said) pocket guns. I have no problem buying a non railed gun as long as it fits a role where it doesn't need a rail.

Before I make my STI Spartan my house gun I will put a rail on it so that the light is always there. As it is now it is just a fun/range gun so no need for a rail.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't need em. Seems like alot of Hollywood crap to me. If you're an "Operator" or SWAT guy, then I can understand the purpose but not for the average guy.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Like so many things gun-related, it's personal preference. I'm not a fan of rails, or multiple tools hanging off of a handgun, but that doesn't mean that other folks shouldn't really like 'em.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I agree with Shooter521.

Carry Gun = no light
    House Gun = Yes + Crimson Trace + 23 round mag heh.
    Backup Gun = no light

Mostly because I carry a flashlight, and 2x flashlights + the added bulk just gets... to be a lot.

All long guns have lights.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have to reflect the views of most of the above people....Depends on what you are wanting to do with it.... If you are wanting to carry it I see no use for it other than more bulk. If it for the house and home protection they are nice for some extra light.

Just my $0.02

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I like having the rail on my bedside gun for the light (which, yes, is in addition to the secondary flashlight in the gunvault by the bed.) All other handguns, I don't want 'em. ACTIVELY don't want 'em. I even removed the one on my 4553TSW.

Top Bottom