• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It was a short segment but Bill said what I was hoping for.
    The girl with the big hair had issues with it however, talking about a duty
    to retreat in some states that thankfully we do not adhere to here in the
    great state of Indiana.

Its Fox news, there's only 1 way for it to go.

No, like I said Bill O pisses me off sometime. You might want to watch
    a little more before you take someone else's blog info as fact.
    There is a right slant on FOX yes but there is balance as well.

As opposed to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. Usually 4 from the left
    on 1 from the right, If you can't see the bias you are intentionally
    hiding you head in the sand. I believe those networks had about
    75% positive stories on obama and 75% NEGATIVE stories on McCain.
    Let's not even start on the newspapers.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A side note on the speculation that the drunk guy thought it was his house-I understood from the article that the 4 digit house addresses were the same, just that the drunk guy's house was a couple of streets over. Myself, I'd hate to have shot someone breaking in my house just because he was crazy drunk, and perhaps without real intent to do harm. Justified? Yes, absolutely. Tragic? In my opinion, yes. I think I'd just feel different about the shooting after the fact, than if the intruder was real bad guy (as opposed to real stupid guy).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    You might want to watch
    a little more before you take someone else's blog info as fact.
    There is a right slant on FOX yes but there is balance as well.

trust me, I don't take anything on network tv as fact, expecially Fox. Also you said theres a right slant, well it's more like a steep hill. I feel sorry for those that can't tell corporate america's indoctrination of its people.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    hmmmm, I think it just depends on the situation. I think as a gun owner you have the obligation to yourself to make sure that you are morally in the right.
    I actually knew a guy "Troy" who was good and toasted, walked into the state troopers house a few doors down to get some shuteye and While the 5.0 was'nt very happy the man was charged with home invasion but unharmed, --however this guy meant no harm, just a drunk who walked into an unlocked house and questioned the homeowner on his being there.....
    My stand on the subject is, if you are threatening to me I will take whatever means necessary.... bla bla bla
    In other words if you knock on my door nicely, I'll ask you to leave, but if you try to kick my door in, I'll shoot you through it......I am not willing to jeoparadise my familys' safety because you had a buz............. Laws are of less concern to me than moralls., I could sleep better in jail knowing that I did right, than I could at home knowing I was wrong.
    morally - definition of morally by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    A side note on the speculation that the drunk guy thought it was his house-I understood from the article that the 4 digit house addresses were the same, just that the drunk guy's house was a couple of streets over. Myself, I'd hate to have shot someone breaking in my house just because he was crazy drunk, and perhaps without real intent to do harm. Justified? Yes, absolutely. Tragic? In my opinion, yes. I think I'd just feel different about the shooting after the fact, than if the intruder was real bad guy (as opposed to real stupid guy).

Kinda hard to tell the difference in a split second, in the middle of the night. :D

On that note kick in my door in if you want. We will have a real quick class on the escalation of force. :twocents:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

The problem with this train of thought is trying to predict what would happen when the guy got in. I assume the houses are, at the very least, slightly different on the outside. He didn't notice. I assume they are again, at the very least, slightly different on the inside. Now he gets in and wonders why you are in his house. You might have waited too long at that point to not take on serious injuries.

PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    How did the guy get to the wrong house in the first place? Did he drive with a BAC of 2.0? There is not a question in my mind the homeowner was feeling threatened, and within his rights to defend his home. I just can't classify this as accidental. I think the media improperly justifies too many actions with, "the "VICTIM" was just drunk/high and confused. This guy was a danger to society and the homeowner will forever have it on his conscience. Seems to me it is unfair to the homeowner.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    How did the guy get to the wrong house in the first place? Did he drive with a BAC of 2.0? There is not a question in my mind the homeowner was feeling threatened, and within his rights to defend his home. I just can't classify this as accidental. I think the media improperly justifies too many actions with, "the "VICTIM" was just drunk/high and confused. This guy was a danger to society and the homeowner will forever have it on his conscience. Seems to me it is unfair to the homeowner.

Bingo! Repped!

s346k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How did the guy get to the wrong house....
    i agree 110%. how does someone in their RIGHT mind walk into the WRONG house? i didn't read the story, how did this dude get into the house? the doors and windows at my place are locked 24/7, maybe more people should employ this practice.

Top Bottom