• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    So I bought a High Standard rifle from Acme gun store in Seymour a while back. I have had trouble with it ever since I bought it. When I called them to tell them what was going on they told me to bring it down and they would see what was going on. They called me and told me that I had the gas tube in the wrong position. That's fine but I told them that's not the only thing wrong with the gun and to fix the gas tube but not stop there. When they called me to tell me it was done he said they found nothing wrong with it, and that they took it apart and put it back together. They charged me $20 and sent me on my way. When I got home I loaded a mag and shot about 10 rounds and it stopped shooting again and also split the gas block in half. Same thing it was doing before but without breaking the gas block. I'm now sending it back to the factory but just thought I would share this bad experience with you. :noway: ACME

Armored Saint

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Columbus, Indiana
    That's too bad about your experience there. My brother has bought from them in the past and I bought a Stoeger from them last year. I had no problem with the purchase of the shotgun and it fires correctly.

I guess their gunsmithing is not so hot...don't know.

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Yeah that sucks. Been there a couple times with no issues, but obviously this must not be their expertise. You said:

What else did you think was wrong with it?

Well when I first bought it the gun would stop shooting. That was before I changed the gas tube. That's why I knew there was something else wrong. I think maybe just an out of spec part or something. I talked to High Standard and they said they would take care of it. It's all kind of a long story and I'm trying to keep it short but I should've just sent it back as soon as I shot it and seen the rifle was failing. If it wasn't for the guys attitude at ACME when I called them back to find out what I was charged for then I would've bout more stuff from there.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    So you changed out the gas tube yourself? Interesting. 20 bucks to try and fix something not of their doing is a fair price I think. That said, I still think you need to talk to Joe or Clint.

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Acme doesn't do gunsmithing, they use an individual gun smith out of Columbus. I would call and talk with Clint/Joe, let them know what happened.

That's another thing. When I first called ACME about the problem, I told the guy that if they were just going to send the gun to the gunsmith in Columbus to let me just drop it off there because he just lives 4 miles away from me and has done work for me in the past. I really did not want to drive all the way to Seymour just to have them ship it back here to Columbus and then have to go back to Seymour to pick it up. I drove past Gary Growes house every day that i was without the rifle. I could have saved some shipping. I also talked to Gary before I ever called ACME and he told me to call them and if they wouldnt mess with it for me to call him back and he would try to help.Gary is the gunsmith that is supposed to be highly respected. I did not talk to Clint or Joe though.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    What I hear you saying is you bought a cheap gun, had trouble, disassembled it, put it back together wrong, asked someone else to fix the problem. They did (to the best of their ability). They returned it to you. You still had some problems, then, instead of letting them have a chance to make it right, you decided to trash them on a local gun board. Sound about Right?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I guess that's why the gas block split in two when I shot it.

Not, I'm not saying that per say. But you made it sound like they put it together wrong when in fact you did. But this sounds more like a manufacture defect than the result of a gunshop. If you live that close to a good gunsmith, why not just drop it off and have him fix it? :dunno: It's not like Acme would take the gun back, especially after you tinkered on it. I'm actually surprised the manufacturer is willing to do anything for you on it knowing an unlicensed individual messed with it.

What I hear you saying is you bought a cheap gun, had trouble, disassembled it, put it back together wrong, asked someone else to fix the problem. They did (to the best of their ability). They returned it to you. You still had some problems, then, instead of letting them have a chance to make it right, you decided to trash them on a local gun board. Sound about Right?

Starting to sound that way to me. But I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt for now and wish him luck. Now if he had said that he called them and they told him to go pound sand(which I know Acme would never do, the most he'd get referred to someone who could help), then I might see the reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I was a loyal ACME customer for several years. About four years ago I started to feel their customer service started slipping when it came to "the little guy that doesn't spend several thousand each year." I talked with some people I know after hearing they had dropped by & they all said about the same.

Seems when Joe / Clint aren't out at the counter the personable customer service goes down hill fast... I bought a full custom rifle that didn't come into their shop in the correct configuration. (Came with a fixed stock instead of adjustable stock) When this was pointed out to Steve (by another employee), instead of calling the OEM, he went to the shelf and traded out the wrong stock for another wrong stock that's adjustable. (I didn't know this story until after I had taken possession of the rifle & a buddy was in there when he did the swap.) If I'd known, I'd have asked that it be made right by the OEM, because I'd ordered a more robust stock.

The younger guy that started working the counter wasn't bad (the last time I was in there) but he wasn't able to "close the deal" unless you were paying full sticker price.

Am I defending the OP? No. Am I saying that I've had less than good experiences with some of their "Customer Service?" Yes. I have since changed my business to another shop...

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    They are on the list of gun shops buying up walmart stock and reselling it at triple price and up. When I asked about why they tripled the price on the ammo I was looking at they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. It is well within thier right to ask what they want I just chose to not spend my money there.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    They are on the list of gun shops buying up walmart stock and reselling it at triple price and up. When I asked about why they tripled the price on the ammo I was looking at they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. It is well within thier right to ask what they want I just chose to not spend my money there.

Where is this list, I would like to see it?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They are on the list of gun shops buying up walmart stock and reselling it at triple price and up. When I asked about why they tripled the price on the ammo I was looking at they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. It is well within their right to ask what they want I just chose to not spend my money there.

Can you prove they are buying Walmart stock and reselling for triple the price? If so, who cares. If you do not like capitalism. You are free to move elsewhere.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So I bought a High Standard rifle from Acme gun store in Seymour a while back. I have had trouble with it ever since I bought it. When I called them to tell them what was going on they told me to bring it down and they would see what was going on. They called me and told me that I had the gas tube in the wrong position. That's fine but I told them that's not the only thing wrong with the gun and to fix the gas tube but not stop there. When they called me to tell me it was done he said they found nothing wrong with it, and that they took it apart and put it back together. They charged me $20 and sent me on my way. When I got home I loaded a mag and shot about 10 rounds and it stopped shooting again and also split the gas block in half. Same thing it was doing before but without breaking the gas block. I'm now sending it back to the factory but just thought I would share this bad experience with you. :noway: ACME

ACME gun store? Isn't that where Wiley Coyote buys all his munitions? :dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Can you prove they are buying Walmart stock and reselling for triple the price? If so, who cares. If you do not like capitalism. You are free to move elsewhere.

He moved his money elsewhere that's good enough. Walmart are the capitalists these dealers buying up the ammo and over-pricing it are something else altogether, i'm not saying ACME is doing this or not.

Top Bottom