• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got just a couple of quick questions for ACR owners. First, what is the total length of the rifle, with the stock retracted to its shortest position? (Not folded, but retracted)?

Second, has anyone seen the version in A-TACS camo at a gun store?

Thanks!

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    33.5"

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Second, has anyone seen the version in A-TACS camo at a gun store?

No, but I saw it at the SHOT Show, and they are available for order from our distributors. We have also had the Remington 870s in ATACS come through.

ATACS is a pretty [Peter Griffin] freakin sweet [/Peter Griffin] camo pattern; I predict it will be this year's Multicam. :):

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Thanks, guys! My brother in law is buying an ACR this weekend, and I'm getting him a Voodoo Tactical rifle case for it, and wanted to get the correct size.

I'm also seriously considering selling my first AR--an A3 Bushy with 20" barrel, in order to pick up an ACR in A-TACS.

Shooter--what would be your wild guess as to the amount of time it would take to receive it if I were to order one? Also, would it require 100% down? I'm a pretty patient guy. I ordered a Remington R25 from you when they were a hot item and waited about 4 or 5 months for it!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm also seriously considering selling my first AR--an A2 Bushy with 20" barrel, in order to pick up an ACR in A-TACS.

You know the ATACS finish is only available on the Basic ACR (fixed stock, non-railed polymer forearm), right?

Shooter--what would be your wild guess as to the amount of time it would take to receive it if I were to order one?

NO idea. I just did a quick survey of four on-line distributors; two of them show the SKU for the ATACS gun but are out of stock, the other two no longer show that SKU at all. :( Bushmasters of all sorts are getting harder to come by as the guns already in the distribution chain get sold, but new production out of the Ilion NY plant has not yet started up. I imagine it will get worse before it gets better, especially where the ACR is concerned. I've had a folding telestock on order with BM since Feb. 25. That said, if we do find a distributor who has them in stock (we have many others we use that are not online), it would take 3-5 days to come in.

Also, would it require 100% down?

Nope; 10% would do it, just like any other special order.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I might make a go of it soon, then, and see what happens. I might be ok with the fixed stock. I'll have to think about that. If not, I'll go with a brown ACR. Heck, by the time they get ramped up again, they might offer a folder.

Decisions, decisions......I should probably sell my Bushy first, anyway, but this gives options.

Thanks again for the help!

Top Bottom