• ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Rhino,
    You finally schedule a shotgun class,I really need one,I have a suitable shotgun.(unlike the carbine course)
    But you schedule it on a weekend I have to work. I mean it's a 50/50 shot.You have my work schedule don't you?
    September is a fine month for vacation,we shall see.

I should be at the meet and greet

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Rhino,
    Great Schedule, Should be lots of Fun and Learning. I am looking forward to the Force on Force and Shotgun. :patriot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Did I read it right...low light pistol and carbine? I really enjoyed the low light pistol class last year. May have to come back for some more practice and some time on the carbine!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Did I read it right...low light pistol and carbine? I really enjoyed the low light pistol class last year. May have to come back for some more practice and some time on the carbine!

You read correctly.

I anticipate that this event will be a little less "instruction" and more about drills and fine tuning and just getting the opportunity to do some shooting at night. We'll do some close work with the rifles on paper, but I also plan to shoot at some steel at longer distances, probably starting at around 75-100 yards and backing up to as far as people can hit with their equipment (240 is the maximum range). Once everyone verifies that they can hit at the closest range, we'll put up some barrels and do some drills that incorporate movement and use of cover to engage the steel from multiple positions. The longer distances I anticipate will more about marksmanship and seeing what your limits are with your gear.

If the class wants to spend more time with the long guns and less time with the pistolas, I'm agreeable to that too.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You read correctly.

I anticipate that this event will be a little less "instruction" and more about drills and fine tuning and just getting the opportunity to do some shooting at night. We'll do some close work with the rifles on paper, but I also plan to shoot at some steel at longer distances, probably starting at around 75-100 yards and backing up to as far as people can hit with their equipment (240 is the maximum range). Once everyone verifies that they can hit at the closest range, we'll put up some barrels and do some drills that incorporate movement and use of cover to engage the steel from multiple positions. The longer distances I anticipate will more about marksmanship and seeing what your limits are with your gear.

If the class wants to spend more time with the long guns and less time with the pistolas, I'm agreeable to that too.

Sweet!

I'll start working on approval from the CFO to attend...

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Same for me * I'm ready to sign up for the Force on Force. Can we bring our own equipment?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Are there any prequisite courses for DP101? I'm very interested in taking that class.

I would like to take both Defensive Pistol courses as well. Prerequisites?

The only prereq's for the DP101 class is that you should already have a working knowledge of your handgun. This is not a basic marksmanship/safety class. It would also be very helpful if you can hit a 6" square at 7m on demand.

The DP201 class is a continuation of the Defensive pistol series taking what we learn in DP101 and moving on. Prereq is our DP101 class or a defensive pistol class from somewhere else. Please pm me if you would like to know if the class you've taken is suitable.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Any pricing information regarding these classes?

21-Sep-13 BS051 Shotgun Basics 09:00 13:00 Terre Haute, IN - Riley Conservation Club
    21-Sep-13 DS101 Defensive Shotgun I 14:00 18:00 Terre Haute, IN - Riley Conservation Club

Top Bottom