• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'm working on the 2016 schedule and would like to know what subjects you all are interested in doing. Please post here, pm or email.

Latest version of the schedule is up here.

Last edited:

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    One hand only. Strong and support side.
    Night shoot.
    Medical leaning toward GSW or other trauma and the golden hour.

Some kind of COUPLES introductory class where one spouse carries and the other doesn't. (or maybe they do) How fast thing can go side ways. (robbery, home invasion, Christmas party getting shot up) Working out what to do with kids. Maybe work in some of that trauma stuff. Not real heavy on shooting, most non shooting spouses probably would want to hang on the range very long but would need to be exposed to the environment, (gun shots, maybe the other classmates screaming in the background to add to the realism).

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    FoF (which is touched on by some of CS's requests)

Shotgun

Night Shoot (again, maybe I'll pay attention since I missed this one)

Trauma would be good

I think we need a actual survival course with the G man..fire starting...gathering materials in the wilderness...basic survival 'ish' with minimal gear. Firestarting (yes I'll make the next one)

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    Personally I would like the Defensive Pistol classes. I think with our current situation in the US there will be a lot of people looking for training that revolves around carrying, me being one of them. I don't care that it's cold out, I want to feel comfortable and know I can handle the situation when/if it presents itself.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Carbine, plus what he said:
    Night shoot.

BUG: with, or in addition to, one hand/weak hand.

Plus carbine.

Seriously on carbine/rifle: I'd like to see some sort of class built around longer than typical for carbine, but not quite precision rifle distance. Say, 100 to 250 yards.

I'd also like to see a not-so-tactical rifle class. Bolt guns, levers, etc. Trunk guns. Sleepers.

And since I'm knife ignorant, an intro knife class might be nice. If Rhino is there, I guarantee it will fill fast. Who would want to miss that?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Night shoot.

Some kind of COUPLES introductory class where one spouse carries and the other doesn't. (or maybe they do) How fast thing can go side ways. (robbery, home invasion, Christmas party getting shot up) Working out what to do with kids. Maybe work in some of that trauma stuff. Not real heavy on shooting, most non shooting spouses probably would want to hang on the range very long but would need to be exposed to the environment, (gun shots, maybe the other classmates screaming in the background to add to the realism).

Low light for sure, first Saturday in December.
    One hand manipulations in the spring
    Medical in late spring, maybe at your location as we discussed.

FoF (which is touched on by some of CS's requests)

Shotgun

Night Shoot (again, maybe I'll pay attention since I missed this one)

Trauma would be good

I think we need a actual survival course with the G man..fire starting...gathering materials in the wilderness...basic survival 'ish' with minimal gear. Firestarting (yes I'll make the next one)

Shotgun is on the list, both fundamentals in the morning and applications in the afternoon.
    Medical will cover trauma, but will be geared more towards the golden hour and improvisation. I still stand by my convictions that the ABC's (in depth eg surveys, bleed control, airway management etc) may sound "low speed" but critical and will take us 95% of the way.

Survival: We'll try to get the Gman back from NC to teach, but I am planning on offering a full day class on woodscraft ("bushcraft") fundamentals. 5 C's focus.

Personally I would like the Defensive Pistol classes. I think with our current situation in the US there will be a lot of people looking for training that revolves around carrying, me being one of them. I don't care that it's cold out, I want to feel comfortable and know I can handle the situation when/if it presents itself.

Plan to offer either the DP101/201 series or the combined class.

Carbine, plus what he said:

BUG: with, or in addition to, one hand/weak hand.

Plus carbine.

Seriously on carbine/rifle: I'd like to see some sort of class built around longer than typical for carbine, but not quite precision rifle distance. Say, 100 to 250 yards.

I'd also like to see a not-so-tactical rifle class. Bolt guns, levers, etc. Trunk guns. Sleepers.

And since I'm knife ignorant, an intro knife class might be nice. If Rhino is there, I guarantee it will fill fast. Who would want to miss that?

Planning on the DR series this year. Wouldn't be to much of an issue to add midrange target engagement drills. I have wanted to add "run what you brung" or battlefield pickup to the DR series.

We are still in contact with Mercop, so we'll talk about bringing him back for knife work.

BUG's are covered in the One Hand Manipulations.

DP201 (on a Saturday).

On the list.

Also vote for a partnerish type deal. One hand and low light too.

You and I need to meet and discuss the partner class. I know basically what it should entail, but one day makes it almost undoable.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Planning on the DR series this year. Wouldn't be to much of an issue to add midrange target engagement drills. I have wanted to add "run what you brung" or battlefield pickup to the DR series.

Good thinking. I know I'm not the only one who thinks they may have to use whatever hit the floor after an active shooter is stopped and you learn he has help. I'm not an AK fan, but keep one around and work with it just for that reason. We may not get to choose our carbine. There are lots of other guns out there that are popular, yet most people have never used.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The list is filling up, thank you all. Due to a demanding private and corporate training schedule, ACT will only be publishing 8 or 10 dates, so we won't be able to honor all of the requests.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Definitely shotgun class, and some sort of trauma medical.

I need to get back to some classes next year. Maybe even some pistol/carbine refreshers :thumbsup:

Oh, and some suggestions....

Something with knives, maybe a How Rhino always cuts himself? maybe?
    how about a Driving to the range when its snowing? I think a few might benefit. :dunno:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Rifle classes for sure. Point blank out to 240 yards. Maybe shooting through/around/under obstacles.
    Whatever you manage to come up with I'm sure it will be top notch.
    All of the above suggestions sound good too so I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you finally decide to offer.
    Looking forward to training with you again in 2016.

Nigel

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Definitely shotgun class, and some sort of trauma medical.

I need to get back to some classes next year. Maybe even some pistol/carbine refreshers :thumbsup:

Oh, and some suggestions....

Something with knives, maybe a How Rhino always cuts himself? maybe?
    how about a Driving to the range when its snowing? I think a few might benefit. :dunno:

Shotgun is definitely on the list. Fundamentals in the morning, applications in the afternoon.

Considering offering the DP and the DR classes in a 101/201 in one day format like we did this year, maybe a combined pistol/carbine tuneup day.

As to your suggestions. No, just no and the second, a jeep driver only class would be a bit too specialized.

I have a shotgun again, so I'd be down for reminding myself how much I suck with it.

Shotgun is on.

Yes, I would be interested in this!!! :)

YES! Please do!!!!!! :)

See above. I will be talking to Mercop after the first of the year. I definitely hope we'll be able to work out a return visit.

Rifle classes for sure. Point blank out to 240 yards. Maybe shooting through/around/under obstacles.
    Whatever you manage to come up with I'm sure it will be top notch.
    All of the above suggestions sound good too so I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you finally decide to offer.
    Looking forward to training with you again in 2016.

Nigel

Keeping your comments and suggestions foremost in my thinking at this point. I think what we have in mind with the DR201 (or the combined format) will interest you.

More later, all.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The pistol / carbine tune up idea sounds like a great idea! While we all should be practicing regularly what we've already learned (in terms of drills, malfunction clearing, etc.) its usually not something guys do during a normal range day.

Spending a little $ for some quality refresher training, as well as good camaraderie is worth it.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The shotgun is very interesting and largely misunderstood. Having used one in a fatal shooting in 2000 using buckshot I can say this. People do not burst into flames as advertised on the box. Also got to shoot a pedophile during a barricade with a bean bag round when I was doing the SWAT thing. One of my favorite memories. Many people are good at at shooting a shotgun, the breakdown is moving with it in close quarters. Just my $.02.-George

Top Bottom